Diana from Piemonte

Hi, I have been an inactive member for awhile -- but am getting active now.  I am a potter and innkeeper in Piemonte, Northwestern Italy.  I would love to help anyone interested in information on this area -- just ask away.  We are spoiled for food, wine, scenery, wonderful neighbors and so many other things - we love to share our knowledge with our guests and friends around the world. My blog is Creative Structures where I touch on many subjects from design and ceramics to life and challenges.  Please come and visit me there!!

Welcome on Expat.com Diana!

Hi!

Me and my wife are going to Piemonte for the last half of September and are looking for affordable places to stay (and eat). We have had great success staying at agriturimos in sicily, but we're having trouble finding anything on the internet in Piemonte.

Any suggestions?

I have a couple of suggestions.  One would be Podere Luciano, there are two apartments there which are both brand new and beautiful, and it is in the middle of a wine hill.  The other is LaMara, which does not have a website, it is a beautiful apartment in a house in a village about 10 min from acqui terme.  I help both of these owners, who are friends of ours.  The LaMara apartment you can see at this link to Slow Travel.   You can contact me again for more information on either at dianabaur (at) gmail (dot) com

They both look very good! We'll note them down, thanks a lot :)

HI Diana,

I've a question I don't expect you to be able to answer, but you might know something. I'm American, and speak only basic Italian. I have an MFA in Painting from a top school in the US, and I'm otherwise well educated. I'm wondering if my education will hold much employment prospect in Italy for me? Or if you might recommend other sources to answer that question.