Can I work in KL on dependant pass

Hello Friends,

My husband has been transferred to KL. We will be moving there this August. Can anyone please advise on how easy or difficult it is for an expatriate spouse to work on a dependant pass? What would be the procedure? Or will I need to find a company to sponsor my work permit? 
I am in Human Resources & Training field looking for a job in KL. Any advise will be greatly appreciated....:)

Thanks in Advance

Cheers
Sheens

i just googled and found an article precisely talking about the issue, but i forgot the link :D the idea is, no, you can't work on dependant pass. you must release it and go for the usual working permit stuff. maybe your company can do that for you. happy job hunting :)

Sheena...you will need a company to sponsor work permit. Since you will be following your husband, come over and then look for a job.

If you have the rite knowledge and attitude, will land on a job within 3 to 6 months.

Up to early last year, you could get an additional stamp called Permission to Work to allow working while on Dependant Pass. With introduction of ESD system by the immigration, they have abolished Permission to Work. However, not sure if state / MIDA / MDEC immigration still allow Permission to Work but even if they do, your eligibility is depending on the immigration office which issued your and your husband's Employment Pass / Dependant Pass.