Any Filipina Living in Goa, India???

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to know if theres any Filipina who lives in India now particularly in Goa. Can you tell me hows the lifestyle, food, shopping malls and everything that u can share. Thank you and hope to hear from you guys soon :)

Hi,How are you? Well my wife is Filipina and we are currently in Goa for a vacation, the answers to your question.

1) Lifestyle - Similar to Philippines, very relaxed and layedback, a bit conservative in some ways, depending on family background, for instance I come from a portuguese family backgroud, so the way we are is different from the other Goans, but overall, you will feel at home.

2) Food - Pork, Fish, Rice, Chicken, similar to the Philippines again, but maybe a bit more spicy.

3) Malls - Not many malls, but there is a lot of shopping areas. Again this is dependent on the place you are living in Goa, if you can share the part of Goa you will be staying I can give you more information

4) Shopping - a lot of shopping, we have certain types of fun markets occurring on certain days of the week in different parts of Goa, for example something called the Anjuna Wednesday Market, Mapusa Friday Market, Calangute Saturday Market etc.. etc.., there is a lot of shopping areas around the beach areas, and towns and city, not much shopping in the villages.

5) Clubs and Discos - a lot of these on the beach front areas mostly in Northern Goa, however I recommend you go only with someone you know well and not alone, this is my personal opinion as I am a bit overprotective in nature.

What else ...
Churches a lot of Roman Catholic Churches all over in every single town, village , City in Goa.

Beaches a lot of beaches , beautiful ones, crowded to secluded ones.

Safety, it is safe, but not recommended for a lady to go out late alone if she is here for the first time.

People, the original Goan people are very friendly, hospitable and helpfull and loving. Please note there are many other indians in Goa, but natural born Goans are extra nice and friendly, they will make you feel at home.

In short I would say Goa is like Bohol or Pallawan, you have mountains , caves, hills, rice fields, water falls, beaches.. all in one place.

The roads are not that great but good enough.

The life is layed back, for instance shops open around 9am or 10 am till 1pm or 130pm then from 4pm or 5 pm till around 730 or 830 pm, again this is dependent on the place you live in Goa.

It is Christmas time here and Goa is buzzing with weddings, dances, music shows, exhibitions etc..

Well if you need any more info please feel free to contact us

my wife is also on Expat.com I think her ID is timichan. I am not very sure

Take care and God bless

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Best Wishes
Sanjay

Hello MacGyver9,

Thanks again for your time to answer all my questions i guess my mind is cleared now haha. And cant wait to see Goa India by next year. About clubs and disco that's fine as we are not much into it.. i am bothered about the food and shopping malls haha but i guess i can survived... if ur Filipina wife can why can't I right? Thanks a lot again...

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year too!!!

Miss Butterfly1984