Typhoon Heading For Cebu 48 Hour Warning

I hear there is a Typhoon Heading our way, was told 48 hour warning.  Anyone heard anything about this I rarely watch TV so have not seen anything. :cool:

Have a look at site below looks to be headed directly at Cebu
We will get it later
http://www.typhoon2000.ph/t2kgraphsat.gif
Pete

blueoakey, Thanks I checked my underground weather and did not see anything. It looks small though hope it stays that way. The bedroom/office in my apartment has a sheet of plywood over the window so I can sleep days as I often do. I am afraid in strong winds it may get blown in. All my computer equipment and routers and drives are all near that window. The way this room is laid out you can't put a desk anywhere else in here. :cool:

Looks like Washi has missed Cebu but u must be getting lot of rain, it is currenly 8.7 23.1 headed for Puerto Princesa
Pete

Yesterday it rained off and on for a while some times pretty hard, then suddenly stopped today it is partly cloudy or it is partly sunny... anyway no rain today so far.

Charles this is an article in an Aust Paper

Tropical storm Washi whipped the southern Philippines, unleashing mammoth floods across vast areas that left 440 people dead and nearly 200 missing, relief workers said.

About 20,000 soldiers had been mobilised in a huge rescue and relief operation across the stricken north coast of the island of Mindanao, where the major ports of Cagayan de Oro and Iligan were worst hit.

Cagayan de Oro city reported 215 dead, and nearby Iligan city lost 144 residents, Philippine National Red Cross secretary-general Gwen Pang said.

Iligan mayor Lawrence Cruz described rampaging floodwaters from swollen rivers that swamped up to a quarter of the land area of the city of 100,000.

"It's the worst flood in the history of our city," Mr Cruz told GMA television.

"It happened so fast, at a time when people were fast asleep."

The station showed dramatic pictures of a family escaping out of the window of their home in the town as the floods rose, and rescue workers in orange vests shepherding survivors to safety above chest-deep waters.

President Benigno Aquino expressed concern at the extent of the tragedy and ordered government agencies to map out areas in the country most vulnerable to future flash floods.

"These areas will be at risk every year... the first (step in) mitigation has to be relocation from these areas," he said in a meeting with senior civil defence officials.

Benito Ramos, head of the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council, told reporters Mindanao residents were warned about the dangers posed by the storm days earlier but elected not to move to safer areas.

He said Mindanao was rarely visited by storms, even as 20 major storms strike the Philippines annually, with most hitting Luzon, the largest and most populous island in the South East Asian archipelago.

"We expect huge damage, especially on agriculture," Mr Ramos said.

Wow had no idea it was that bad, don't watch much TV even though we are in the city.

Can you send me the link so I can publish that on my blog.
Charles

abc.net.au/news
Pete

It's up to 1000 now, just heard this morning.

CharlesHarman wrote:

It's up to 1000 now, just heard this morning.

So sad :( , my deepest condolences to the victims of Sendong, its pitiful that it happened almost a week before Christmas Day... glad that even expats are lending their hands to help my kababayans...
Non-government organizations are still doing their best to dig the remains...1000 people died and still counting...

Im not sure if Philippines has a Merry Christmas despite of the tragedy....

Let's pray for all the victims and continue to help them!

Thanks