Teach Abroad

Great Teaching Opportunities for Native EFL Teachers to Start Aug, Sep 09 & Jan, Feb 2010 in Indonesia
with a minimum of CELTA, CTEFL or equivalent.
Please send your full CV, a recent photograph, and
two professional referees to:
Lydia (HRD Secretary)
Email : [email protected]

Hello. I am Ray and I am moving to Indonesia later this year, as my wifeis Indonesian. I am British. . Iwill be taking a TEFL course before I go out there.
        Is it true that you need a degree now to teach in Indonesia?  Is there a way around that situation if I have no degree?

Kind regards

Raymond.

Ray

Sadly yes. You need a degree, experience, health and back ground check and also a TEFL. The experience has to be a minimum of a year. You can come and try to find work as there is always a need for native language speakers.

But legally? Getting harder

Getting a visa to live in Indonesia is pretty easy as you're married to an Indonesian, but getting legal work of any sort without a degree is all but impossible.
Teaching absolutely requires a degree and a pile of other stuff so your chances are zero.
A bit of light non advertised work from home by KITAS holders is generally ignored, but make sure you tell immigration exactly what you're doing and let them decide if they want to ignore it.
Once you have KITAP (after two years), it becomes totally legal.
Formal work never does unless you have a work permit, and you can't get one.