Cost of housing/living in Ecuador?

Hi, I am thinking of moving to Ecuador, and would like how much does it cost to buy or build a small house (since I am alone it does not have to be that big)? Or is it better to buy or rent a flat? What are the cost of it and also the cost of living in Paraquay? Thanks for any advice.

Hi, and guten Tag!!
House costs are very low compared to most other places. especially Europe.     Rentals are also quite cheap, and give you the chance to shop around for the right property, and especiually the right area, to buy later    Viel Gluck!

We are building now. It cost about $25 to $45 a sq ft. You need to put everything in writting wiht your contractor and i mean everylittle detail. Must be in spanish.

I have a free report on moivng and living in Ecuador
[email protected]
Charles

Hi Barrett,
I'd love to recieve your free report on moving and living in Ecuador.. Can you send me the link to it, or send it to my messages?  thanks,

re language difficulties - if you are interested, I know at least one construction company, based in Cuenca, who speak fluent English (American).  That goes for both the owner and the architact, who both lived for many years in the States

...........and now that I think of it, also another company in Manta........english no problem