Nice green village around Hanoi

Hi, do you know a nice, small village or natural surrounding around Hanoi. I don't mean the well known so-called artisanal (touristy) villages but something more agricultural. I read a lot about the Mai chau-area, but that is 2-3 hours of driving and I'm looking for something half that time. Hope you know something and can help. Thank you. Erik - [email protected]

Welcome to Expat.com Soberon!

Do not hesitate to browse through the different threads of the forum, it may help.;)

Harmonie.:)

Hi Soberon, You should go to Tam Đao in Vinh Phuc Province.

You want to go there to take some picture or a short vacation?????

Tay Phuong pagoda is a nice place to visit. This is an ancient pagoda that is very famous in literature. It's located on a hill with a green field surrounding.
Surrounding the pagoda there are some interesting places such as pine hill, resort, a village that is famous for handicraft wooden furniture.
It takes 35 minutes bike motobike from Hanoi, it's easy way by Thang Long highway.
If you need more detail info, pls feel free to contact me at: lehong.187 (Skype)

Hi lehong,

Thank you for sharing these interesting information. I will suggest you to create a new topic on the Hanoi forum, as this thread is quite old. ;)

Regards,

David.