Hello

I would like to ask what certificates I should prepare to take with me before moving to Brussels?I am a EE citizen
thank  you in advance..

You don't need anything if you are single other than your passport. To register at the commune for the first time, you are likely to need proof of income and accommodation - it depends on the officiousness of the commune employee just how demanding they will be for proof. First time we registered as EU nationals, we had to provide proof of rental contract and employment contract. When we moved within the commune, they required no additional information, no employment contract or rental contract, they just believed we had accommodation and the means of paying for it.

Yes useally u need proof of job etc but thats useally id they you apply for ur id card

Thank you for answer...I thought that I will need to translate my degree , birth certificate and family status where I seems to be single.My partner just rent a house there so he will provide hospitality until I find a job to have an income.Do I really need to put apostil in above certif?In my country I don't have security/social insurance because I did't have a job so neither in Brussels I will until find a job?May be there is an other way?In Greece I am registered as an unemployed and I have a specific card may be I should take it with me? Finally may be I have to inform my country that I am leaving to find a job and live in Brussels?

Well without a working contract or unless your living with you partner you may find it a little harder. As for translately stuff im not sure about birth certificate etc but i know if you have a driving liceance that will need to be as a friend from findland needed to. Maybe ask your partner to enquire at the local city hall about if your brith cert may need translateing. I came into Belgium from UK as a Au Pair as thats classed as a working contract so i got a 5 year id card right away. However without a job the process can be a little tricky. I know that you can stay atlest 3 months and sometimes 6 with no problem to look for a job after that im not so sure. However if you are living with your partner you should be ok

It depends entirely on the whim of commune officials if they want to see documents translated into French or Dutch or German, dependent upon where you live.

No-one asked us for our birth certificates, only passports.

We were asked to provide proof of income - didn't ask for proof of my income, husband's was enough. You don't need to have a job, just an income. He works for the UK government and the proof was in English, quite acceptable for our commune.

We were asked to provide proof of where we were living and the rental contract was enough first time we registered, 2nd time it was taken on trust we had a rental contract. The Police will visit to see you are really there anyway.

We were asked to provide proof we were married, a marriage certificate in English was also fine for our commune. If your commune objects to Greek, then you just find a translator who can translate in Belgium for you.

EU nationals are allowed to stay in another EU country as a visitor for up to 90 days, but if arriving with the intention of living here, then it's registration in 8 days. Even if an EU national stays beyond 90 days as a "visitor", the Belgian Police will not remove you except on grounds of public security or policy.

thanks but I am a bit confused yet ...

http://www2.mfa.gr/www.mfa.gr/Authoriti … els/en-US/