Young Family looking to relocate....

Hello all, I am looking for any information or advise. I am a 28 year old mother of 2, my husband is 34 and our children are 8 and 1 year old. We have been talking for years about moving away from the winters to a more laid back life style and we are now making the steps towards it. It will be about 2 or 3 years until we can move but we are gathering any and all the information we can to come for a visit soon and pick a "spot."
We own a house an hour north of Toronto, Ontario in Canada and we aren't sure if we will rent it out or sell it.
If anyone has any advice or information we may find helpful we would love to hear it. We are also looking for business ideas to start here that might bring in Canadian dollars while living in Belize. Thanks in advance

Hi mystika802!

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

Thank you :) We are excited and nervous and still don't really know exactly where we are headed lol.

You really have not given us a lot of information about your family and what you want.

Yes, Belize has a number of Canadian Expats.

You did not mention money issues. Any medical problems in your family?

What type of area in Belize or you looking for. Belize has coastline, Islands, lowland swamps, Mountains and Rainforests.

As far a making money in Belize with an Offshore bank account in Canadian dollars you should be able to make money from selling products or services on the internet. But that is up to your drive and ability.

If you give us more information, perhaps we can help you more.

We are really just in the beginning stages of research. My family consists of my 1 year old, 8 year old, my husband (34) and I (28). None of us have health issues and my husband can do just about anything. We are trying to come up with online business ideas that don't require a product that would be hard to ship....something like web design or computer related as my husband has a degree in that.
I will hopefully be finished my psychology degree by then and was thinking I would use that to bring in income (have a few ideas)
We dont want a lavish life, we are looking for simple, cheap, enjoyable. We plan on homeschooling our children.
We arent sure yet if we will be living somewhere full time/permanent or if we would like to rent our current home in Ontario and travel a few months of the year until we find the right place.
I would love to give more information but there's so much up in the air right now, its a lot of planning lol. We have already started selling our things that have been in storage, old clothes and items we wont be taking with us, but we probably wont actually move for another 3 years or so.
I appreciate ANY information as I am really lost on  it all.

Okay you are going to Home School your kids. That makes me feel better. I am not a fan of Belize's Education system. 

If a simpler life is your goal Belize might work for you. You need to look at the Cayo District. That will offer you reasonable costs as far as housing. San Pedro and the islands are considerably more expensive.

You are correct about shipping physical products. It is a pain.

Services or information selling could provide online income. But of course the success or failure is on your shoulders.

However, it can be done.

If you come up with specific questions just post them as you think of them.

Visiting before moving to Belize or anywhere else is wise.

Wish you well.