Moving to Perth and need your help!

Hi everyone,

I am moving to Perth from Ireland in 6 weeks and am completely stressed out! First of all I am finding it hard to get any response from the job applications I've applied for through seek.com.au, secondly I have no idea how to go about an apartment. I have looked at the websites online but maybe its a bad idea looking for an apartment unless I have a job first? My boyfriend is a carpenter and I am a HR assistant. Has anyone gone through this type of situation beofre or can anyone suggest some ideas for me before I start to panic about it all.

Many Thanks,
Aoife

Hello Aoife,

Your post has been moved to the Perth forum for better visibility.

Wish you all the best! :)

Rouma

Hi Aoife. We're not long here, 3 months or so. Found similar problems to you re work. So! I'd say relax until you're here. You won't get anywhere from home. U need to be on site and be able to give it 4-5 weeks to find a job. 2 ways to do it in our experience. Go through seek or go to recruitment agents. If you try both routes agents tend to be less helpful because the companies you have applied for own your cv once you've applied to them and the agents then wont contact them on your behalf going forward. As far as accom goes, forget getting anything until you're here. It's ruthless!!! Totally different from home. U go to open houses with a gang of interested parties. U need to have an application including deposit and references ready to go. Easier if you have Aussie work references to get a house. Dunno if it's construed as advertising so might be removed,  but we found a hostel called witches hat, he owns several townhouses that you can rent rooms in with no minimum contract. Lovely clean well located place we stayed.  If forum removes details lll email u link. We stayed in one of their houses for a while until we found our own place. Perth is super, but u do need to persevere for a few difficult weeks while things get sorted. Feel free to message me if you have more qs! I'll try and help. It's so Confusing trying to sort things from home.

All the best!