Seeking help from someone physically stationed in Dakar...

...Hello all,

I am currently residing in the United States of America. My wife was born in Dakar Senegal but her family relocated when she was 6 months old. Her birth was registered at the Mayors office in Dakar and we are looking for someone who can help us obtain a copy of her birth certificate from the Mayors office. We have tried looking for more information about the Mayors office on the internet and also contacted the Senegal Embassy here in the USA. But they are currently unable to help us. They suggested that the best way to solve this is to contact someone who is currently residing in Dakar. My wife and I do not know anyone in Dakar and we cannot afford to fly out there in person.
We are seeking the help of any kind individual who can help us in this regard.
If you read this message and are willing to help us please contact me on my email address: [email protected]
We are stuck in a helpless situation and your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

- Srini

Welcome to Expat.com Srini!

I wish you good luck in your research.;)

Harmonie.:)

Thanks Harmonie! Still waiting for someone to hit me up :)

Hello
i will be in dakar the 20th december. send ma an email to [email protected] send me all your details i will give you a call i know people in the administration and i will gladly help you
take care
maimouna

Hi,
I don't know if you've already solved your problem; but I do believe that the best way to go about it is to write directly to the Mayor's office providing full details about your wife and her parents. Once the Administration has identified her and confirmed she doesn't have to appear physically before the delivery officer on location, then and only then can you rely on someone stationed her to take the matter up from where you left off with the Administration. Hoping this will help you in some way.
Good Luck

[moderated: off topic + pls avoid copy paste msg]