Living in nigeria

hi i have been offered a contract for a multi national construction company in lagos, the off shore moneies are good,£58,000 tax free for the family  they provide the following per month will i be ok living on that amount .
accomodation provided , gas, and electric also . a driver is provided with car and to live on 140,000 niara  plus expenses does this sound good and enough to live on ????

hey guys do i smell or something!!!!:P

Be patient mate ;)

Hi the local allowance does not sound exciting but it is enough to get by . You must note that expenses in lagos are very very high especially on food,entertainment,phone calling are very very expensive.It is enough to live on for a reasonably ok standard of living  as you mentioned that you have many perks and expenses taken care of.Food in good restraunts is very expensive ie could cost  5000-10,000 naira for a good meal...Normal expats get this kind of a local allowance... Lagos is a nice city however do try to get a slightly higher local allowance, the offshore savings are very very good and are as high as a top level expat would get.I hope this reply is sufficient

Thanks  i was dreading that response  but kind of expected it , my only buys out there really would be food to cook at the accomodation , and few beers out , am not a fusy eater so would buy food from markets ect and cook at home mostly , so just beer ect for home  really.
thanks dude
ade tomlinson