Moving to Stuttgart!

Hello all

I am due to marry an American who is likely to be posted to Stuttgart. I am looking to see what life is like there and how easy will it be for me to find a job and a support network?

Thanks

Hi gembrannigan!

Welcome to Expat.com ;)

Armand

Hi gembrannigan!

Stuttgart is one of the best places to find a job in Germany. On the other hand it may be difficult to find a home and get integrated as the culture is generally conservative.

Don't hesitate to ask for concrete advice or directions on the website, i'm sure that some people will answer. When you arrive in Stuttgart you may also join our local expat meetings.

Cheers, calator

While it's true that many Germans are a bit shy to make a friendly step towards strangers (I guess that's what Calator calls "conservative" above), many are glad if you do the first step. Try!
And also, there are many international and/or English-speaking circles in Stuttgart. The gatherings organized by Calator are only one of the possibilities!
Altogether, in my opinion, Germany isn't more difficult for a foreigner with an open mind than any other country.