Health food supplies - nuts and seeds

Anyone know if it's possible to get hulled sunflower seeds or buckwheat seeds in Mauritius?  Also a bulk source of almonds and other nuts would be handy.

Thanks

Gilli

hi gilli,

i have been here for 5 years but could nt see anything like this ard the island. My husband brings them from the us everytime he goes

Dear Gillid and Disha

I was waiting for other members of the forum to react

I recently bought such stuffs for one close friend for wedding reception purposes. These can be obtained from some groceries shop in Port-Louis.

Still, to avoid confusion, it would be preferable to have the samples of same.

I will be around Ebène on Saturday and then move to Port-Louis. In case you would be around, we could go and explore these groceries-shop together for your first purchase.

Cheers:)

Vayid

Gillid

try Quartier Gourmet in Quatre Bornes. They should be able to help.This is where I get my stock of organic food stuff and all.

Hi, now Quartier Gourmet also brings the products to your door step. I don't want to post their link here and not spam it in anyone's message box. :)
Send me a message and I'll send it to you. You find them under their name also on Facebook, in their pictures are nearly all products shown.

For the sunflower seeds you can find it in most big supermarkets in the organic section
For the other nuts (hazelnuts / almonds etc.) you can find in Jumbo Phoenix.

Just seen this - I have been looking for sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds - I'm allergic to nuts so these are my alternative.
Anyone know if we can source them in the north - I've looked in the usual places, ie Foodlovers, Intermart, Super U.
Thanks! :)

have you tried the Jumbo at Riche Terre....