Typical Education Allowance amount?

a

Hi abus11351,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I wish you good luck in your search.

All the best,
Christine

christine, wala gid bala polus imo mga message!

Hello John Rapahel,

Could you please write in english in this anglophone forum.

Thank you,
Rouma

It all depends on your nationality. The general classification of all compensation related items are into Eastern Expats, Western Expats and Saudis. The rates vary for each one of them and one usually gets the education allowance in line with the rate at the embassy school in the city. In case of having no school run by your embassy, it would be dependent on your nationality and the band assigned to it.

I'm an American.

If I understood correctly, I should expect an allowance based on the tuition of my child in the local American school?

This is 100% of the tuition of a percentage?

Hello,

Being an american, you are supposed to get an allowance as per the rate for a child at an international school since I believe there isn't a school run by the american embassy in riyadh. There is an upper limit for the amount as per this rate. You can choose to put additional amount from your pocket and go for a more expensive school.

Another catch is that some companies don't support pre Class 1 education. This is the case for me as I would be paid the amount once my child starts the first grade.