Cost of shipping UK to Malta - Update

Hi Guy's
Just in case anyone wants to know.

I shipped 1800 Kgs on three pallets, 6 cbm from UK to Malta.
Shipping was 657 GBP Including VAT

Fee's at port: 240 Euro's

Delivery to Gzira: 50 Euro's

As it's all personal items, VAT paid in UK, no import duties due here.

OB

Brilliant, thanks for the info Officeboy

Julian

Hi officeboy,

What was the 240 euros fee at port for?

Rooikat

Jet services cleared and did paperwork this end, these are port and unloading fee's

Thanks, please clarify, did Jet Services charge you an additional amount for doing the paperwork or was it included in the 240 euros port and unloading fees ?;)

Here is a breakdown of the exact charges (Boat arrived today):

AGENCY FEE  35.00
DELIVERY ORDER FEE 12.00
HAL FAR LIFTER CHARGES 15.00
LOCAL CHARGES 194.03
NSO 40.00

And because I am on the first floor with no lift, I have hired them to carry it all upstairs at a cost of 150 Euro.

Thank you for all the info OB - much appreciated. We are sorting our budgets for next year's move.:D

No worries.
OB

Is there a website for this company? I have googled them but can't find them. I am desperate for some quotes...

I will try and find jet services details, they will only be able to quote you for local charges within Malta. There are hundreds of shipping companies in Scotland, so you should have no problems getting a quote.
OB

Hiya OB,

Can you recommend anyone to collect the cubes from the port and deliver to Bugibba, Qawra, St Pauls areas please we are looking around there but haven't decided fully yet

what is the company url ???? to get some quotes

italianmen3 wrote:

what is the company url ???? to get some quotes

You are posting on a topic from 4 years ago!

@italianmen3 > To whom are you talking to please?
Also note that this thread is old ( 2011). :)

Thanks

Priscilla

btw, Shiplowcost charges (now  :) ) around 200 Euro for 1 EURO-pallet 120x80x200 and 600kg from their UK hub to Malta.
Their prices are mainly based on volume, not on weight - so they are very competitive for small but heavy shipments and they have hubs in UK, DE, FR, IT, NL, ES, AT and Sicily