Mobile phone operators/Internet providers in Phnom Penh

Hi,

Who are the most reasonable priced mobile phone operators in Phnom Penh for local and international calls?

And, Internet providers?

Annie

now, without any doubt, it is Metfone who runs the show here.
ADSL( optical fibers) at 30 USD / month and cheap mobile web surfing .Cheap calls, too, and for 14 bucks they were giving a Sim Card and a phone, too !;)

Thank you very much for that. I am currently still in Thailand, but moving to Phnom Penh in September.

Annie

i agree with knyom. Metfone is the cheapest when it comes to ADSL service and their mobile phone service is a steal too. I'm using currently using their ADSL service $35/month with 2.5 GB cap (they will charge if you exceed), speed is ok, but have lots of patience with their billing and customer service. If you get their internet service you also get a free SIM.

Mobile phone services as well as ISP's are being launched every now and then so the choices are numerous. I did a post about ISP in Phnom Penh you might want to check it out.

pinaywife wrote:

i agree with knyom. Metfone is the cheapest when it comes to ADSL service and their mobile phone service is a steal too. I'm using currently using their ADSL service $35/month with 2.5 GB cap (they will charge if you exceed), speed is ok, but have lots of patience with their billing and customer service. If you get their internet service you also get a free SIM.

Mobile phone services as well as ISP's are being launched every now and then so the choices are numerous. I did a post about ISP in Phnom Penh you might want to check it out.

well, I am actually using Metfone Adsl at home and in my school, but we pay 35 usd for 128k speed UNLIMITED ( no down/upload limits) .
No, they gave us no Sim card either.
Guess Phnom Penh's office has different customers'policies.
Their billing ? funny enough, I have paid my first bill 4 month after the installation, as they fixed their billing database just in august.
Assistance: their hotline operators must learn a little more English, but the staff at their office here in Sihanoukville are pretty efficient.

knyom wrote:
pinaywife wrote:

well, I am actually using Metfone Adsl at home and in my school, but we pay 35 usd for 128k speed UNLIMITED ( no down/upload limits) .
No, they gave us no Sim card either.
Guess Phnom Penh's office has different customers'policies.
Their billing ? funny enough, I have paid my first bill 4 month after the installation, as they fixed their billing database just in august.
Assistance: their hotline operators must learn a little more English, but the staff at their office here in Sihanoukville are pretty efficient.

yeah, your right. I gave up calling their hotline as it gives me headaches just trying to understand. Been visiting their showroom which thankfully is near where i live but their employees are often out so it always ends up being a waiting game.

i'm using the surfbiz plan $35/256 speed. the billing is funny, they just send us an SMS message (how much, when to pay etc) which is frustrating for me coz I cant see my actual consumption. I wish they would have an online facility like qbmore where we could check the usage stats.

Free sim card must be a promo.. Hmm or it simply varies from place to place eh?

Hi,I am new member. Is there any CDMA system in Phnom Penh as all I can see only GSM for mobile phone ?