Hello all, I am considering moving to Ecuador and am in the process of gathering information. I would like to visit Cuenca for three months and wonder about buying a used motorcycle to tour on. Can anyone tell me about approximate cost for a 500cc bike about five years old? I thought about shipping my bike, but found it to be cost prohibitive. I also wonder about registering and possibility of selling in three months if I decide not to stay.

Will appreciate any information I can get. I have read all I can find on line and it looks good.

Thanks

Don Marshall Retired USAF
[email protected]

Hello Old Namad,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Best of luck,
Rouma

Hi Don:

Like you, I am also a new member and considering Ecuador.  While I was searching "boat rentals" in Ecuador, I came across this page
traveltoecuador.net/mountain-biking.htm

It appears there are no "motorized rentals" and pedal rentals limited to specific metro areas and the coast.

Good luck in your search and welcome aboard.

Don, I was wrong.  There are motor bike rentals in Quito. You may want to join this forum.  Traveling with a group is fun.   
horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/travellers-seeking-travellers/in-cuenca-ecuador-32597

The only place to rent motorcycles in Quito is Ecuador Freedom Bike Rental.
FreedomBikeRental.com or contact me!
Also anyone wanting free trip advice or GPS routes, please stop in our office located in the Mariscal section of Quito.

-Court Rand