Car buying

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if it is cheaper to buy a good second hand car in Bulgaria or in England and drive over.

Steve:cool:

Hi
Yes its possible but you need to check ads in newspapers, because there are big difference with mobile.bg

Cheers,
will start lookin next year when over  !!!

I would advise you to bring one from UK, which is probably the cheapest country in Europe for used cars. If you were buying new it would be better to buy one in Bulgaria.

Hi Fidobsa
Thanks for the advise, the only probs we have found is getting the car we want with left hand drive, but we have a year yet before we are moving over to Bulgaria.

THANKS

car.gr/classifieds/cars/edit/1995291/?first............economic car for sale .3.800 euro

Hi Giorgo50
Will look at this site later, thanks for this.

Steve

I suppose it depends on your long term plans for the vehicle. If you want something to drive for a year or two then sell locally you will be best with a left hand drive but if you want to keep it longer until it is not worth much you might as well have right hand drive. I saw a RHD Land Rover with Bg plates that still had its GB sticker! In Bulgaria itself there is not much disadvantage with being the wrong side of the car but when driving through Germany you will find their road layouts sometimes give rise to visibility difficulties.

Hi Fidobsa
Many thanks for the advise, we will have to think about this before we come over.

Steve

I think legally, it is not an issue to drive a RHD can in BG. You will see many, many cars on the roads of BG RHD. Actually, from what I've heard, this is the case due to the low price for 2nd hand cars in the UK.

Hi
From what we've heard it would prob be best to buy here and drive over....Cheers
Steve