New in Amman

My name is Karen and I am new here In Jordan and while I love everything so far I feel lonely =(
I will be in this country for quite a while so I know I should start having a normal life with friends and maybe find a boyfriend (I know this is a taboo in this part of the world!!)
What I like to know is where and how to start meeting fellow expats in Jordan??
Is it a good idea to start here?

Thank you Sherri I already got an inbox full of offers to help which is bloody marvelous =)
any recommendations for LC in Amman?

Hey !! Welcome to Jordan, if u dont mind i would love to be your first jordanian friend :))))

Hello Everybody :)

Hi ALL,
Would you know what are blood tests done for work permit at Jordan

Thnx

How do I get a job in Jordan at a salary level equal to that I earn at home in Sydney Australia. I currently earn $AUD5500 or 3,879.54 JOD per month.
I am responsible for and have significant experience in the provision of a range of administrative services.
I have been travelling annually overseas since 1984. These destinations have included Nepal, India, Zimbabwe, Tanzania, China, Thailand, Burma, Malaysia, Indonesia, Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Europe, Vietnam, United States of America, Canada, Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Peru Turkey, Greece, Laos, Cambodia, Mexico, Belize, Guatemala, Syria, Lebanon, Sri Lanka, Morocco, Qatar, Mongolia and United Arab Emirates. I have completed a Master of Arts – Ancient Art and Architecture, Bachelor of Arts - major: Asian Studies, second major: Anthropology and Sociology, I have completed four Post Graduate Diplomas: Early Christian Studies, Peace and Conflict Studies, Islamic Studies and Ancient History.
I am currently studying for a Master of Arts: Late Antiquity at Macquarie University.
I have not seen an equivalent salaried job in Jordan or the UAE.
Any suggestions?

Hello proppah,

I am currently enrolled in the French Cultural Center which is located in Luwaibdah. I did it just to meet new people and as an attempt to stop being a workoholic and it's doing wonders so far!!:P

hello Karen;
please send me your emil address on the following:
[email protected]

looking forward to meet you

have a nice day!!
Yazan

hello everybody.i am from Romania and planing to move in Amman.i am beautycian and i would like to know more about life in Jordan and about what chance i have in finding a good job in my field counting that i have a experience of 8 years as beautycian and i am speking english and arabic as well.thanks

Welcome to Jordan,It would be nice to get together sometime with expats and share experiences.

hello proppah ,

looooooooooooooool u mentioned u wanna get a boyfriend and all the Jordanian males started to send u haha god help u girl looool well anyway back to ur topic!

I am a Jordanian girl and have no "dirty" intentions lol but would love to hang out some time and show u how we have fun in this part of the world lol email me here if u want:

[email protected]

Cheeeeeeeeeers