Close

Buying property in Lebanon

Hi,

can a foreigner buy property in Lebanon?

If so, is it complicated? What is the process of purchasing a property in Lebanon?

Any tips for buying property, such as a check-list of items to verify ?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Christine

Hi,

Yes foreigners can buy property in Lebanon noting that there is a certain qouta governing this.

You may check this law:

idal.com.lb/uploadedfiles/Foreign%20Acquisition%20of%20%20Property%20Law%20-%202009.pdf

For more information, you may contact IDAL (Investment Development Authority of Lebanon) at :
Phone:+ 961 (1) 983306/7/8
Fax:+ 961 (1) 983302/3
E-mail: invest[at]idal.com.lb 

Good Luck

Ali

Thank you for this info, Ali! :)

amk35 :

Hi,

Yes foreigners can buy property in Lebanon noting that there is a certain qouta governing this.

You may check this law:

idal.com.lb/uploadedfiles/Foreign%20Acquisition%20of%20%20Property%20Law%20-%202009.pdf

For more information, you may contact IDAL (Investment Development Authority of Lebanon) at :
Phone:+ 961 (1) 983306/7/8
Fax:+ 961 (1) 983302/3
E-mail: invest[at]idal.com.lb 

Good Luck

Ali

I'm 16 with a British passport but I want to start a crowd funding website for real estate investment. Can I own a house?

HI 420weblazeit,

You can't buy a property in Lebanon because you are under-age. You can ask your big brother or sister or one of your parents to do it instead of you. I can help you to build your website.

Expatriate health insurance in Lebanon

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Lebanon

Moving to Lebanon

Find tips from professionals about moving to Lebanon

Travel insurance in Lebanon

Enjoy stress-free travel to Lebanon