Buying property in Peru

Hi,

can a foreigner buy property in Peru?

If so, is it complicated? What is the process of purchasing a property in Peru?

Any tips for buying property, such as a check-list of items to verify ?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Christine

Yes, if u have a tourist visa you need to go the migration office to get an stamp that let you sign contracts if you have a bussiness visa u don-t need to do it. After that, you would need to verify the documents of the property if it-s registered or no. For buying property i would say that it-s better to have professional advice of a lawyer. Any more specific question, send me a message.

Saludos,
Jose

Hi Jose,

Thank you for this info. :)

Hello,

I am new here and me and my family plan to go Peru. We want to live there in and with the nature in a rural area.
I hope somebody can give contacts to find cheap land to live, I mean really cheap, the local price.
This would be fantastic.
Thanks for help.

Wolke

Lima is the most beautiful city in america three times the very crowned by the king of spain, lima is the capital of the world that has thousands of colonial balcony of immense beauty and history .. There are hundreds of gardens everywhere all districts, and hundreds of beautiful parks that's why you say the "garden city" .. Enjoy your stay

Are there any rural rural areas suitable for agriculture? I don't like living in a city so I would prefer some open land land between me and a neighbor if it's at all possible. I'm hoping to move to Peru, Colombia, or Brazil sometime in the next 5 years, so I thought it prudent to start searching now and trying to figure out a game plan.

Hi Mos68x,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

As you can see this thread is outdated :( To have more information I suggest you to create a new thread on Peru forum :)

Thank you

Stéphanie

Well I wasn't trying to resurrect an old thread but it seems most people on most forums get cranky when you create a new thread instead of searching through old threads.