Dating A Jordanian Man - Tips!

In our Arabic culture the bridegroom goes to the bride and not the other way round. This guy seems enjoying seducing a teenager who grown up in an environment that don't lie. This guy dares not tell his parents what 's on his mind. I ask this poor little girl have u asked yourself what the options are if u travel to him. did u ask how much money he holds to support a decent time with you. I like what other guys said above but I must not ignore two important things : A young person finds life easy but unfortunatley it isn't. if u want to risk it bcoz of lov Why doesn't he risk it himself and fly to u. At best I would suggest that he transfers 5000 dollars to u if he really loves u so in case wind blows against the ship you can come back home one piece . By the way what he calls fake marriage he means no marriage remember he is no more than a teenager still knows nothing about his community culture and restrictions. I hope I am mistaken. God bless

Hello all, im dating jordanian boy its 5month already, he's 33 and im 22. He talks to me about making family and first wNts to engage. His family knows about me, and they r kind for me. Let me give some advice, what u think? When he tells me about engage i try to change topic cause of my shy. He told me that i dont think serious and just spending days like friends.

Thanks

I am Saudi and for 22 years I married man from Jordan. I was arranged by my father. Usually if Muslim man likes you he tells his family and make arrangements for his family to meet your family.  The men will discuss your marriage.  Then an engagement party where you exchange rings. If you your boyfriend and you live together is haram. As Muslim you knows this and you left Islam for Christian.  He know to is wrong he could have married you in mosque and it be halal. He didn't even do this. I don't know any Muslim man who practice Islam and have relations that are not halal. I am sorry but this man is wrong I pray to Allah that he forgives. You will always be just girlfriend.  When he find Muslim wife because of pressure from family he will marry her and make proper engagement.  Never give yourself to any man unless in marriage for your heart and body is special and is not to be given away unless protected by husband. I wish you both happiness in sha Allah.

Hi hope you can advice me guys i currently working in dubai and dating with jordian its been 4months. His a nice person and am still knowing but we still not talking about married as we just 4 months but. If we go for a date not in mall or somewhere we just sitting on his car talking and ordering some food and having in car its really rare. And one day i was with him and i saw him he was chatting in whataspp i ask him who is she and he was told me her friend in college but i ask him to saw me there conversation he doesnt wont to let me to read but i felt he was flirting with jordian lady and i feel hurt as i dont know what to do. please advice me

I was married to man from Jordan. My family is Muslim I am Muslim. I did what my father asked, it was a nightmare. He was nice at first but then he sleep with other woman. He was bad he get to girls pregnant while he married to me. He not pray or go to mosque on Friday. He never married the 2 girls that he got pregnant. Most Muslim men won't marry a girl not Muslim. Jordan men most times won't be with someone not Arab. It is a pride of Arab and Muslim. My ex husband just used these women and did not even see or care for their children. The father of one of the girls shot and killed my husband he said to the police that my husband was evil. My husband was abusive to me and these women. After my husband's death I wait 7 years for Allah to bring me husband. I meet another from Jordan first thing he ask of me " in his car" was to give him oral sex and he would marry me. I didn't even get food in the car lol. I got out of his car went to the bus and went home. He laughed at me and cussed at me. Now he goes on my Facebook makes bad comments. Then after him I meet another man Jordan. We talk in the park he say he is from good Muslim family. We talk about his mother he was married before. He divorced because his ex wife not nice to his mother. I say to myself he is nice man. We going out eating in dinner. Meeting with friends together. Then he grabs my boob in the car one day. When I tell him it is wrong he get mad takes me home. Says he doesn't want to see me again. Then 2 months later he asked me for help. Now I am finally married to Muslim man from Algeria. He is crazy we just married we fight like cats and dogs. We fight about everything, but we laugh I guess we both crazy. He loves me like crazy and I love him like crazy. This Jordan man he is not right for you. I am sad for you I know how Jordan man are. Wait for God to bring you only God knows he knows everything. Let him bring you someone who can love your crazy and you love his lol. Find someone who will make you part of life his family and teach everything he knows so you both can be together on earth and in after. May Allah guide your heart take care and be happy.

Thank you for ur advice actually I keep on asking him as because I can't even call his phone if I want to talk to him I need to ask him to call me.Its so weird am his gf but I can't even call him one day I ask him to add me on his fb and instagram he doesn't won't as he said I don't add any girls on his account.
I love him but lately I felt to tired and give up on this relationship as seems like am staranger.
Am happy to be with him but I think I deserve better than him. Like what I said we never go outside just on his car sitting looks like his afraid to his friends and family and I won't this kind of relationship just keeping me behind to everyone.
Right now I was so depressed coz he was flirting with jordian lady and he told me I won't to lose me.
Please help me

He is bad, do you two have sex if yes then he is really just using you. This is very bad I am so sad for you. I know Arab men I am Arab. They are so romantic sweet offer you everything. If he was his interest someone he wanted. He would have said so up front. With in weeks he would have told you. He would have introduced you to his friends. Then his mother because she is the one you need to impress. I don't like this man for you he probably not flirting with Jordan woman that is probably his wife. You can't call him because he is married. He older Arab man he is definitely married. You have to wait for him to call you. He is bad block him on your phone don't let him in to your heart pray to let your heart heal. But let him go he is just going to keep hurting you if you let him. Make yourself pretty feel good about yourself. God will bring you nice man I promise. Allah say if you good he will bring you the same. Be kind loving and helpful. Be the kind of woman to the world's people and treat everyone the way you want your future husband to be to you. I promise God only will bring you good man. Pray be kind and love and happiness will come.

Koala, Thank you so much it's very helpful on I can't share to my friends as I felt ashamed to them I use to keep to ask him to meet but so many excuses.
Yes may his wife or fiance but he was telling his friend of college it's really hurtful the way he treated me lied.😔his only 27 years old

27 forsure he is married. You deserve better Jordan man are not so nice they think it is okay to have girlfriend because there it is not strict. Woman there don't wear hijab men there act like men from Israel just want sex and not follow Jewish or Muslim culture. Don't feel ashamed for you pray for him. He is stupid man to do that and God he not like this what he did. Be strong my sister Allah he loves you and will bring you best life. Inshallah

Thank you so much koala it's very helpful for me so appreciate ur kind advice.
Do u think I have to ignored him and don't contact him anymore i I think he still flirting with this jordian lady.

Dear Jannah,

'dating" bu sitting in his car is not right (at least that what i feel) why can't he take you out to a Caffe (at least ) i've seen soo many girls who "Date" Jordanian guy here in Jordan,and they only roaming around the city in their car,why ? beacuse they are not willing to be seen in public,as they might be "bumped" by their family members.

I think you better run and don't look back,there is so many guys out there who will treat you like their Queen.

He don't bring up marriage ? because he has no intention of marrying you (imagine! he consider a dating by sitting in his car)

Good Luck

Hi Kate,

Thank you for advice yea we never go out in public place we just sitting on his car even to having dinner we just eat on his car.
I felt uncomfortable the way he treating me as I can't even call him his not allowing me to add his fb and instagram as u told me his not adding a girls but lately he has 5 girls he added and one day I catch him to chat in jordian lady and I know he was flirting with her as he was scared me to saw there conversation coz if his saying that her friend only he can saw me.
I don't know what to do right now

Runnn and drop him like Hot potato! he don't deserve you,move on from him and you deserved better :)

Thank you Kate I really appreciated it's help on me as I can't  share any of my friends

Don't mention :)

Come and visit Jordan sometimes :) and i will introduce you to My second Family here (which are Filipinas)

Yea sure if you don't mind if u have WhatsApp pls add me.
I love travel hopefully by December I will come to visit there here's my

Dear all,

And Adam /Eve story (ies) go on; The responsibility starts inside me and inside you once we agree to exchange glances , hi(s) ,mobile nos., accept to meet, accept to be hugged, etc. Our problem as expats lies in cultural differences which necessitates a lot of awareness,like asking ourselves after every step of above : Who is this man /lady ?, what is on his/her mind? Where are we going to land ? Where do we have to stop? Am I able to forgive in case I a was hurt ?etc. It is easy to be seduced and fall in love because ,we away from our cultures, are so weak so fragile. Unfortunately we have to think twice and (to be on the safest side) never believe any camouflaged sweetness or invitation or theater like gestures ( you break my heart, you touch on my pride ,,,) .Having decided  what we want lets work for it and have intersecting evidences. Follow lies to the end ,you are as smart as him/her. Don't underestimate your intuition,don't bypass your judgement.
Least but not last A middle Eastern Man is not easy. T C

Hi there,
What does it mean when a Jordanian guy uses rose/flower emojis particularly red flower thru texting. It has been really hard for me reading between the lines. He is a great guy, reserved polite but his ego is getting in the way. Clearly establishing an emotional connection. So roses are for being polite or for being caring and attracted?????

It is just a way to be nice. If he has a big ego run you don't need any man with an ego

exactly Koala doesn't deserve it I've learn this and until now I'm still trying to move on by helping my friend her name is Kate.

May Allah protect her

Jenny,

Using flowers and roses is nice, but u already saw its very noticeable to see his ego so this is a bad sign.

Usually being nice is to get the girl attracted and most depend on the reality in
"curiousity killed the cat"

So be careful and turn off your emotions to be able to have a better judgment.

I am engaged to a Palestinian man who has lived in Amman since he was 8 years old. I can tell you a few red flags to look for and a few perfectly normal things to look for too.

1.  Arabic men who are Muslim do NOT date. If he is dating you, you can be sure that he is using you for something, most likely sex, and that no matter what he says you are not now, and probably never will be marriage material.
2. If an Arabic Muslim man is truly interested in you for marriage he will tell you so, right up front. The western idea of “dating” will not occur until after “khitbah” meaning you're pledged to marry one another and even then, there are guidelines to protect the couple from committing any haram act before Nikah is complete.
3. No matter what he says, if you have not spoken to his mother then you are NOT engaged, even if he has given you a ring or whatever else.
4. A good Muslim man will NOT perform any sex act outside of Nikah. If he claims to be Muslim but asks for any kind of sex and you are not yet married, don't walk way, RUN. This is not a good pious man and you can be sure there will be big issues with him.
5. If he is unavailable for you to call, and you always must wait for him, probably he is married. Either that or he is single and living with family whom he never intends to introduce you to and therefore he doesn't want you calling when he is near them. (Yes, it is perfectly normal for grown men to still live at home with family prior to marriage in these cultures. They help care for their mothers and fathers and siblings and it's beautiful how close these families are.)
6. Bear in mind these men can have up to four wives. It's rare and generally frowned upon but it does still happen sometimes. Even then, the rules for courting are the same and the reasons for taking another wife cannot be selfish or lustful. Don't fall into the trap that many foreign women fall into, where a married guy just wants a mistress and promises marriage he has no intention of ever giving. You will end up hurt badly in this scenario.

A good man will tell you up front he is interested in marriage. He will have his family contact your family (or you, if it's impossible to go through your family as it was in my situation because I am a convert to Islam and my parents are Christian, therefore not willing to participate in anything Islamic including the marriage selection process - so his mother called me directly herself) to work out details. THEN between that time and marriage date, he will court you. He will be very protective of you but always available for you to call because your happiness will be a great priority for him. Women are the honor of these families and you will soon be a woman in his family, therefore you are his honor. He probably won't want to share you in any way with his friends (or anyone else non-marham) but his family should be readily available and accepting of you. He will NOT ask to perform any sex act or even to see your body uncovered until after you have completed Nikah. He will be the most sweet, attentive, precious thing you've ever known, and you won't just be marrying him, but his entire family who will expect you to become an integral part of their close-knit family community - they often live very close together or even all in the same apartment building and social gatherings are almost always all family. Please PLEASE don't accept anything less than this from a man who comes from Jordan. It is only heartbreak waiting if you do.

I am an African-American woman who met a Jordanian man on a chat site 2 years ago, we lost contact, he recently resurfaced and now we talk on phone or internet daily. He lives and work in Florida, he says when he's established he wants me to  join him in Florida, we will marry and begin our lives together.  We're both divorced, we both have grown children. What worries me; is he wanting to marry me because he loves me or to stay in America? He did mention in one of our conversations  about what he's going through with immigration. He doesn't talk much about his family. He's currently living with relatives.

Hi Anjie

It's a big possibility he is after getting married to settle his problems with immigration.

The way he disappeared and came back must make you doubt him.

I recommend testing him,
Do it slowly like telling him i have problems with my tax report or whatever you see that can be convincing them after a while discuss moving to Florida but say that your problems will prevent you of getting married officially for abett a year but you can get married in Islamic way at the mosque.

Think about it and hope this will be a good test for him.

MysteriousM wrote:

Hi Anjie

It's a big possibility he is after getting married to settle his problems with immigration.

The way he disappeared and came back must make you doubt him.

I recommend testing him,
Do it slowly like telling him i have problems with my tax report or whatever you see that can be convincing them after a while discuss moving to Florida but say that your problems will prevent you of getting married officially for abett a year but you can get married in Islamic way at the mosque.

Think about it and hope this will be a good test for him.

This may not actually work the way you think -- my Islamic marriage was registered with the state by the imam and my ex was able to use it, anyway!

Bratty1919 wrote:

This may not actually work the way you think -- my Islamic marriage was registered with the state by the imam and my ex was able to use it, anyway!

I didn't know they can use Islamic marriage documents for immigration department, never been there in the USA so don't know much.

But i think it's a good way to test him when she say she can't get married to see what will be his reaction.

hi Koala, I am a 25 year old European girl. I talked to a Jordanian boy for over a year. the same age. i just wanted to practice the language. he wrote to me and we started talking. We met early in the summer because of the virus. I am a Christian, studying (I am currently doing my master's degree) my goal is not to have a husband in Jordan, I don't even think about marriage or a relationship.but we've been talking for over a year now and I've refused several times already, called to date. He said he had never been rejected by a woman in his life. and he also said that I am the kind of girl who is willful and determined, stops on her own two feet and it is very attractive to her. he wanted me to be his girlfriend.he told me my personality is very similar/same like her mom. i have my doubts because obviously i haven't known his personally in a year, only in 3 months. I had a hungarian boyfriend (I thought he would be my husband, so I had sex, but in the end we broke up because it wasn't right for me) i know muslim culture, i am christian but insecure. His best friend knows about me, his sister, and his younger brother too, but his father didn't  about me maybe he mentioned his mom. (Jordanian of Palestinian descent) said he wanted to meet his family next year and take him home next year. (in principle in spring) sex has been taboo for him so far. virgin, I said I had a relationship. he wrote he would have been glad if he could have me first. but he thinks i am a decent girl, I'm attractive, i have baby-face, and the boys like me when we go down the street 1-2 times he also said he sees the boys see me random, my face and smile. a few weeks ago, he decided that if it turned out, he wanted to be with me sexually as well.it is strange to me because so far my faith in this has been strong. i said i don't want to be a sex doll. i am not this type but i can also said sex is an important step in a relationship and i don't want to wait after marriage because what if sex is not good and it kills love. we ended up together over the weekend and slept together by mutual agreement. After 2 minutes the sex was over, I didn't have a good experience I just felt it hurt and after 2-3 minutes it was over.it hurt because I didn't have much experience either and only had 1 friend. I got a little frustrated, we figured out how together and I'm not in love yet, but I really like it. cares for me for many months, kind, persistent, but I don't know what the real goal is.months earlier, he said the main goal was to stay in Europe. he has a residence permit, a very good international job. said he will want to live in Switzerland, I speak German and a total of 5 languages. Switzerland is also in my plans, but I am still learning. I have a curvy body. i'm not fat but i have something to catch and my body is shapely. I have a round butt. I have very white skin and long brown hair, baby face. on the first day he wrote that he had always imagined such a wife for himself. maybe he idealizes me? i am a creative director studying film and design. he is a businessman, I am currently working on starting a business. he has a picture in his head that we will have a joint venture later, he also said that he saw in me that I felt very bad after the sex and he doesn't want to force anything. he saidshe could wait until our got married because I was insecure. so many bad things can be heard that arab boys want sex. they have a lot of white girlfriends. etc. they lie, etc. i thought i was waiting for a few more months now, although it was true that it was inside, but it was really 1-2 minutes, i can't really classify this as sex. but in my mind a relationship is an integral part of sex.i want to see what he does for me, how much he loves what his plan is. if you are not an authentic person, less I am not disappointed if you are authentic, you will love without sex too.always always asking what to buy me, fruit, jewelry, gift. very caring. when we meet hw wants a big hug, he wants to kiss me, he says I smell really good. he tried tongue kissing several times, but I don't always leave him. he really likes it. he always does a common picture, I can tell himr what i  want  he is happy to be an honest person and I also tell him the harder things to know what my position is. he did a lot for me, traveled to another city because of him, an event came that he didn't care about. but he said it was good to see that I was happy. when my leg was bleeding he brought me a sticking plaster. has helped several times. he said he really likes to take care of me the same way he does. he said I have child soul. ( i am an creative person im doing fairy tale and etc too) now he went home for 3 weeks because he hadn't been home for 1.5 years due to the virus. he was graduated. he was in Ramadan in May and worked and did university next to these. I was with him and supported him. he says to this that without me it would not have been possible. and grateful that I believed in him when he almost gave up. he said he gave him strength that I believed in him. (did an excellent exam)I also studied and I had a degree, but I was able to do it easier, I think it was a little harder for her in addition to Ramadan and a lot of work (full time job, part time job, university and thesis)well ultimately, he wrote now that he always thinks of me and will write to know what is going on with me. wants to bring a gift. he asked to have his girlfriend. i said yes because i like it but i'm not in love yet.as I noticed, he said he could wait and step by step. understands. and he also said to just look at what he is doing for me and then I need to know what he is feeling. he wouldn't put so much energy into this if I wasn't very important to him.but since there were abusive relationships in my environment, (my father mostly, and looking back, my ex-boyfriend didn't deserve it either) so I try to be very careful. I have confidence, but not much, what can you advise?there are so many bad stories. he is in his family, whose wife is Hungarian. several relatives are in mixed marriages, but I don't even know myself that she will eventually become my husband. do i want kids I think I want to, but certainly not now. i am a christian, marriage is a big step, i don't even know if i want marriage. i am unsure about everything.can you give me some advice what should i watch what tasks should I give him to see his true intention.

Long post but I'm
Bit confused 😕

Hi sir salam,

I was dated jordanian and we broke up because he cheated on me but I'm still love him. I'm stalking at him if he have a another gf and ask him if he have another gf but he told me he don't have or I can check him in his home but I don't believe because he was cheated on me before.after that we have fight for the conversion and the cause of the fight until I told him if you want to blocked me you can blocked me then he blocked me. I'm still in love with him. What I will do. I'm just thinking I'm going at his home, but I feel shy maybe he will shout me or I don't know what will happen. Can you help me please. Thank you

@Italianpower1968

Ok no. Yes, this guy might be lying, but you need to keep your racism in check. Generalizing about an ethnicity is not helping anyone and makes you look  hateful and lazy. I could very well say "Italian men are all skeazy and manipulative" based on whatever skewed logic you're employing.
Like anywhere, they're not all bad, they're not all good.  I've been married to one for quite a while and he's not a liar, secretive or cheap!  I'm the cheap one!  You have to realize if you guys really aren't legally married, that a lot of places would have a problem with you two living together in Jordan.  Living together isn't really a thing in Jordan if your not married like it is in the west.  While I do agree a lot may hide their GFs from their families, and may not have any interest in a serious future with a foreign spouse, it's something that you really need to discuss and put your foot down in the beginning of a relationship, so both of you are clear on intentions. 
Hello,

Important reminder: the essence of this website/forum is to support/help one another. While passion/emotions can sometimes take over during discussions, it is essential that members stay respectful towards others. Words of hate, racism and disrespect are to be avoided as personal experiences cannot be made to appear as a generality.

For further information about the do's and dont's of the forum, browse through the code of conduct.

Thank you

Djameel
Expat.com Team
Hi shobaki,  i have been with this jordanian man for 10 months now and when he drinks henessey,  he gets very nasty,  why jordanian men get nasty with their woman?

@shobaki   hi shobaki,  i am an italian woman dating a jordanian man for 9 months now,  and he has been accusing me of cheating and gets nasty all the time,  why they get nasty?

@shobaki   hi shobaki,  i am an italian woman dating a jordanian man for 9 months now,  and he has been accusing me of cheating and gets nasty all the time,  why they get nasty?

- @Italianpower1968

Because mostly they are jealous and want to have control over everything.

If he still continue to show this behaviour you should reconsider the relationship.

Talk to him and tell him that you won't tolerate or walk out of it
Arab men are extremely jealous and a female would have to give in and go on hopelessly or separate.
Here's the deal: Jordanian men are like men anywhere. You'll find that many of them are kind and loving, and some are not. However, there are some cultural differences you need to be aware of. Jordanians are culturally fixated on honor versus shame. He may be interested in you as a girlfriend but don't expect it to go further than that. His family will likely pressure him to choose a wife from his own culture. If you're good with that, then a relationship with him is possible. You may find that he gets jealous easily, and may not be very tolerant of you spending any time with other guys. Jordanians are very romantically minded--expect your communication with him to be lots of hearts and flowers.
@rebecca_lass
What are you rushing for...? it's the wisest and. Correct way...First you must understand that he must make sure he knows himself and you how you both react to every situation...
The last thing you need is to be angry or frustrated in front of his family......