Possible relocation to KL

Hi,  I may have the opportunity to relocate to KL next year with my wife and 3 children (age 10, 7 & 7) oh and a dog....
I would be working in Sungai Buloh, can you recommend which areas are good to look at for accomadation and schools?
many thanks

Hello joba,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Wishing you all the best in your reasearch.

Rouma

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Sungai Buloh is really away from KL where exactly in Sungai Buloh will you be posted? and there are so many places where you could stay, it all depends on yr budget of housing.

Do let me know maybe I could help....

Hi one of the really good schools is in Sungai Buloh and there are condos also available in that area . The school is ELC and has a long wait list so if you are considering it I would start the registration process ASAP.

Otherwise we live in Mont Kiara which has a high expat community and 2 international schools and a huge number of condos to choose from. It's about 20min drive to Sungai Buloh from here. ELC was our first choice only because it was one of the cheaper schools as our company are not paying the fees. If your company are paying then you can pretty much choose any school you like but I would then choose an area to live based on where the school is. We have been in KL for 3 months and love it. Don't hesitate to DM me if you have any other questions.

Hello kiwi,
Me and my family have a relocating possiblity to KL, i have two sons going to school  10 and 4 years old, because my husband's work doesn't pay the school my first choice was ELC because through thier website they look good and not as expensive as the others, but i read many nigative things about it and the teachers there that scare me, so as i read your very first posts looking for school and finally Chose it and i see you happy so please tell me how you feel and your kids about this school, are they happy in this school? Do you or your kids noticed any bad or nigative things? Is it a clean, neat, nice and organized place? Do thier teachers treat your kids nicely? Does thier website reflect the true atmosphere there?
Please dont hesitate to tell me everything because I am really curious to know.
Thak you

Joba... sri garden intl school is also not as expensive as others

Today my children were accepted into Tenby international and start in January, we are extrememly happy with this school and their fees are alot lower than the likes of Garden or Mont Kiara international, Tenby and ELC are better than Sri Garden but Sri Garden would have been my third choice if there had been no space available.

Thak you kiwi

Joba have a good luck
:)

I really don't understand sometimes people who open the topic post question for the sake of posting it, asking question etc then go missing what a fool ....

Perhaps they've been really busy..or forgot they ever logged in here!

Well, even though that person disappeared the feedback helps those that are searching the forums to the same questions! For instance we are possibly moving to KL and am looking for the right location according to possible school (international for a highschool student).  Reading all the forums so far, I'm goign back and forth between ISKL (which would mean living in Bangsar) or mont Kiara Internation school (living in Mt Kiara area).  I'm still searchign the forums for more info, but it's so helpful to read others replies to previous questions!  If i don't find more info searchign the forums then I'll post a a question! :)  SO, thx to all the people who share their opinions... it really helps!

FYI... my husband would be working in the KLCC.  We also thought of renting an apartment/condo near his work, but I don't think that is the best choice due to the importance of being near the school of choice!

Hello,

If your children are schooling at ISKL Taman Melawati, consider to stay at Ukay Perdana. There are many new houses for rent especially at Ukay Perdana 3. The houses there are very spacious (approximately at 2000++ sqft), 2.5 Storey and they have 5 rooms with 4 toilets (bathrooms)! For this kind of houses, you could get the rent between MYR2000-MYR3500.00 (of course it depends on your needs-fully furnished, unfurnished, semi-furnished, blah.. blah..)

The most important thing is the place is quiet and breezing as it is located on the upper hill! I really enjoy staying there

Another area, perhaps bukit Setiawangsa...

Anyway Good Luck!
Mrs de RIJK

Mrs de RIJK,
Thanks so much for your reply.  I will definitely look there as well.  My husband definitely wants my daughter to go to ISKL if she can get in, but she is in highschool so I don't think that is the Taman Melawati campus.  But will look at that area anyways.  Sounds nice on the upper hill.  We are still waiting to see if we are moving over.

Thanks for the good luck wishes.  Now that he said he would go if asked it's getting a bit scary! :)

Jen