English/British nursery/kindergarten??

Hello all! I'm not in Greece just yet but I was wondering about finding work in a nursery/kindergarten? I have TEFL but no university degree so working at an elementary/high school, etc is out of the question! So do you think it is possible to teach the little ones? Anyone know of any good ones in Attika? I have a 16 month old daughter as well...
Many thanks!

To find work teaching you will need to be a Legal resident in Greece,also you will need to check with  authorities in Athens(depending where you are from) regarding if any of your certifications/diplomas will be valid in Greece,this is often a problem because they do not recognize such documents from abroad.

The best way to work is work from home ...you can advertise in the Athens News and other newspapers prior to arriving so that you have some work already arranged.

You can also join the Newcomers in Athens and AWOG and advertise that you are looking for work and if anyone needs or knows of someone they will contact you by email.

There are a couple of agencies that find work for you but i am not sure if they will accept your certificates here in Greece as it was mentioned ....there is a lot of legalaty involved in recognising them here.

There are a lot of people looking for nannies or babysitters and this is usually advertised in the Newspapers and if you have certificates they will usually accept them.

Also get a few references to bring along with you from people they can contact to confirm them.

There is always work for those who want to work and if your good with kids than this will show in the trial period they give you...i think you should be ok if you plan ahead and check out all the english papers before you get here and put some ads in ...use your email for contact to begin with and see what kind of a response you get.

Hope this helps.

Kristi.

Hi, I am Greek living in Greece soon to give birth to my second baby and I would need help for 3-4 days per week with my first one who is 1 and a half y.o.Is there someone interested for a part time job from August the 20 and until round Christmas having references and love for children? There is possibility for live in or live out position depending on the hours.
Thanks

Hello, I'm a recent graduate from England living in Athens. I'll be here at least until 10 December, is this position still open? I can provide references and we can meet if you are interested.
Kate