La Plata flatshare

Hi,

is it popular to share a flat in La Plata ?

What advice would you give to those looking for shared accommodation in La Plata?

Can you recommend specialized local websites or newspapers?

By the way, keep in mind there is a flat share/house share section in the Classifieds ;)

Thank you in advance for your participation and advice!

Christine

Hi!

It is true that there are some facebook pages, sites and advertisements and online newspapers to look for flat sharing at La Plata, but the easiest way is to go to the university and look for a student-roommate offer ad.

If you're a foreigner, you have to be careful with the following points:

1. What's your age, gender and goals in La Plata. Are you studing or working? There are lots of students sharing flats, but few workers or student-workers.

2. Ask about other person's habits. Many students in La Plata like to smoke cannabis, play music at late night and go out during the weekends. If you don't like this habits, don't share flat with someone who does.

3. Don't rent any place without a legal contract (there are lots of people renting flats without a legal contract).

4. Not many people speaks fluent english at this city, so maybe you'll like to look for a room mate among english translation career students.

That's all I can say for now.

If I can think of anything else, I'll post it ;)

Hope this helps.

Thank you mariano.giagante for your help! :)

Aurélie