Abidjan flatshare

Hi,

is it popular to share a flat in Abidjan ?

What advice would you give to those looking for shared accommodation in Abidjan?

Can you recommend specialized local websites or newspapers?

By the way, keep in mind there is a flat share/house share section in the Classifieds ;)

Thank you in advance for your participation and advice!

Christine

It's very unpopular sharing a flat in the Ivory Coast, the rent is so low that you don't even think of doing it.

Hi este!

Thanks for helping ;)

Armand

este wrote:

It's very unpopular sharing a flat in the Ivory Coast, the rent is so low that you don't even think of doing it.

About how much does it cost to rent a good studio in a good neighbourhood?

Bonjour,

Mon prénom est Yoann je suis français, et souhaite ne rendre a Abidjan pour les vacances pendant 1 mois fin décembre de ce mois.
Je viens avec ma petite amie Ivoirienne qui elle loge chez ses parents naturellement mais comme nous sommes pas maries, je ne peux loger sous le même toit! :(

De ce fait, et ayant chercher des moyens de logement qui sont très onéreux pour 1 mois, je me tourne vers la communauté française pour ainsi trouver une solution de type, chambre a louer ou appartement a partager pour le mois.

Pour ma part je suis Ingénieur Projet pour Alstom Power et expatrie en Inde cette année.

Merci si vous pouvez m'aider.

I would love to share a flat with anyone who has got a vacant room. Looking to study here so I haven't got a lot of money to spend renting a flat of my own. We could split all the bill, plus am pretty gud @ doing house chores.

just to say I just arrived and am also wondering why sharing isn't such an option... plenty of luxurious houses outside my price range i wouldn't mind sharing!

[Moderated: Off topic.]

Hello Trilochansinh

As for your accommodation hunt, the best would be for you to place an advert in our Housing in Abidjan section so as to increase your chances to get a nice rental.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

Are there no local websites providing housing options? I know of people struggling to get houses in localities like Man and Bouaké. What all sources are available to gather information on housing in IVC?