JOBS IN PERTH! HELP!

Hi i am moving to Perth in about 3 weeks and i am a bit worried about the job situation over there....Is there any jobs???
I am 18 and have experience in Retail sales, Bar/Resturant work.
Me and my boyfriend are renting a house in Fremantle when we get over there. Is there anything i could do with knowing in the area???
Please help as im getting worried in case i cant find a job!
Thanks, Hannah

Hi

Ive been here for 6 months and ive been unable to find a job...Maybe in Perth you will be lucky, im a Saffa living in Brisbane and its only been a crap experience to me..Ive applied for +100 jobs, with NO interviews..I made friends with someone who might get me a job working as a nightfill packing shelves..ha ha, didnt think i will be doing that in Aus..I lived in the UK for 5 years and it took me a couple of days to get a job, ppl tell me its the recession, but im sick of hearing that story...

Anyways, let me know how it goes, and good luck...

Fred

Issit really that hard to find a job in Perth?
I do hear from people that is hard. But still i can't believe it.
I might be going over to Perth for education & maybe get a part-time job thre
thats why im worrying about this too.

hello henna..

There is a possible business opportunities here for everyone
if you want to find-out more register your interest

They organises on every monday and tuesday

26 Oct 2009
8.00pm Bentley Technology Park Function Centre, 2 Brodie-Hall Dr. Bentley
Organiser: Shack/Gulick
Please register your guests to ([email protected]) ([email protected])
27 Oct 2009
8.00pm Murdoch University, Kim Beazley Lecture Theatre, South St. Murdoch
(Entrance via Car Park 3)
Organiser: Islam/Freedom Team
Please register your guests [email protected]

Dear  All..

Same that I feel now,,its very hard to get job in perth ,Im'v been  here 2 mounths,I m meried and live here by  partner Visa.
I had sent a hundreds aplication letter and Resume by email and had try Come to the store  and cafe for ask about available job.I applied for any position, Starting from the entry administration, sales assistant,butiQ ,cafe , until I applied for a kitchenhand and cleaner. But still no results..almost give up and very stress .maybe Just coz Im new comer and dont have any work experience in Australia,Even I have more than 10 years experience as FAshion Merchandiser in Indonesia,,But so hard get job in here ,,,not lucky yet. maybe someone here can help me ,plz..

Thanks
Warm Regards

Hi cinta,

Welcome to Expat-blog!

I would suggest you to have a look at the Work in Australia guide, there are useful information and links that might help you in your job search.

I wish you good luck
Christine

Hi Hannah,

If you have a working visa, then you will have no problem.
If you want bar work, then try:

The Royal - East Perth
or hit up every restaurant to find waiting work.

You can use seek.com.au for available jobs too.

Good luck :)