Hi everyone!

I'm a new member as of today and just wanted to introduce myself. At present my husband and I who are both retired British police officers have our home here on the Greek island of Kefallonia. We are in the very early stages of considering a move to Slovenia - not easy with our brood of one dog, seven cats and a tortoise!
We both enjoy keeping fit and walk miles every day with our dog Vaso. We sponsor five beautiful children in the Philippines who I'll be visiting for the third time in March. The eldest is with me on my profile photo here.
Would love to hear from anyone with any advice or tips for us while we consider a possible move northwards.
Cheers - Judaki

Hello Judaki!

Welcome to Expat.com and thanks for this introduction ;)
Hope you will enjoy your time on the site!

Regards
Armand

Hi Judaki,
I hope you manage to make the move a smooth one from Kefalonia..
Slovenia is a wonderful diverse country with parts having a micro climate so that can be equally diverse...for example, we are in Dec now and average day temps here in Ljubljana are around 8-9 degrees, in the south near the coast of Piran/Potoroz it can be 12-13 degrees! even just an hours drive to Goricia can be 10 degrees warmer. Anyhow, keep in touch and let me know how everything goes for the both of you and the brood:-)

Hi Paul - nice to hear from you. I think we'd find it a tad on the cold side compared to here most of the time! But as I mentioned we're only considering the possibility of a move north, and could well be that it won't happen. Nice to dream though!

Welcome to Expat.com Judaki:) I understand how hard it is to even decide to move elsewhere since I moved migrated to Slovenia from Trinidad more than a year ago. The changes were difficult but I am making my experiences count. Slovenia is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy. The scenery and environment is picture perfect in some places. In the business and work world it is a different story but it is like that anywhere we turn now. One thing you did mention is that you sponsored children. I find that very admirable. Will you be willing to share how someone who might want to do that someday can proceed? Wish you all the luck and hope to hear your response if you prefer to send something private let me know and I will gladly share my public email address here.:)

Hi La Trinity - have sent you a private message. Judaki

Hi Judaki =)I sent my reply to your private mail account. Thanks for the reply and info once again! Keep in touch. La Trinity

Hi are you still  thinking of moving over?
We have lived here for five years and love it but come winter we dream of Greece :))