The Grand Mosque Tour and other things

Hi - help needed.
How do I find out about a tour of the Grande Mosque.
Also
I have been told about the 'Friday Souk' and the Vegetable Market. Anyone know where they are located?
thanks in advance

Hi Finny,

As for Friday market it is on the 4th ring road. Assuming you are coming from Salmiya, take the 4th ring road and go straight until you see LuLu Hypermarket on your left. Friday is just behind Lulu hyper market. It's a 10-15mins drive from Salmiya.

For the vegetable market it will be quite a distance and honestly, it's not worth it. It will take you a whole day to go and come back. Everything you will see there is available in any Co-Op or Sultan centers.

As for Grand Mosque I will try to get back to you on this.

Thanks Mo
Especially with the advice on the market. I'll give that a miss.

You can go to the AWARE center website, they are always providing tours of the Grand Mosque.

I have a link on my blog:

[email protected]

1finny wrote:

Hi - help needed.
How do I find out about a tour of the Grande Mosque.
Also
I have been told about the 'Friday Souk' and the Vegetable Market. Anyone know where they are located?
thanks in advance

Hi Finny,

I did the Grand Mosque tour myself and always take any first time visitors there. I don't usually set up an appointment. Last I went was about 1 year ago, I went on a Saturday morning, there was some official outside who was extremely helpful and he took us round and explaining things. Have to make sure you don't go during prayer time, but that's about it.
As I said, this was about a year ago and not sure things have changed now. But if they have I am sure people there will give you the necessary info.
I found it good and informative and really a good introduction to local culture, and just a little bit of religious understanding.

According to the Aware Center site there's a Guided tour for the Grand Mosque on Feb 12, 2012.

actually the blog is http://crazyinkuwait.blogspot.com

I would like to join too by this coming February...

Thanks for Info.