Human Rights

Soo....

who wants to wager that violations of human rights committed in Libya in the past/next four months have been/will be worse than any of those that occurred in the previous forty years?

Yup, and as long as the NTC keep asking people to stop, then they'll still be seen as good guys by the EU.....

What i see in the news about those people still kept in prison,tortured,and the Berber people how they Are treated ...i am shocked...they have been treated so bad  by the Gaddafi regime.but  i realy hope now that the democracy will treat this minority like human brei ga and like Libyans citysens....because thats what they Are.....kisses from Norway...somebody that knows Libya so well,only waiting to go back one day.......anyway can somebody tell me if the visa prosedyre has changed....touriste visa?

MoEl wrote:

Soo....

who wants to wager that violations of human rights committed in Libya in the past/next four months have been/will be worse than any of those that occurred in the previous forty years?

does anyone here notice a clear smell of Algae?

Mancuian, comments like that and the feelings behind such comments do not bode well for the revolution.  Wasn't the whole point to make a better country?  So far, this is yet to be seen.  Homes looted, property stolen, arbitrary arrests and torture have been perpetrated by the various militia.  This has to stop and all militias have to come under the control of the NTC or else Libya will never go back to normal. 

Of course you are going to have many people who supported the previous goverment and they are many.  Not everyone experienced hardship or knew those who were persecuted, so you cannot blame them for that support.  It is their country too and the reality of democracy is that all views are tolerated. 

If you think you can wash away all the 'algae', you will end up with protracted civil unrest.

MoEl wrote:

Soo....

Why think that way. Look at it positive. Its a very large country with a disproportionatly small population compared to other African counties. It's also separated from the rest of Africa by a very large natural barrier. There is every good reason to think and hope that this will not become like the other African countries as long as people try to keep an open and positive perspective and hope for a better future.

The media is exaggerating, I yesterday was in a hospital where Gaddafi army injured personnels are treated and given medical attention. There were guards at the main gate.

There is a committee for arresting who are involved in the murder and the rape systematic crimes, those proved to committing one of these two crimes are still in prison.

Our neighbour who is a high rank army officer, who has not left Gaddafi' side till the fall of Tripoli. he was stopped for couple of days just to question him. They released him when he was innocent and had committed no crimes.

Believe me they will no keep innocent people in jail.

Libya is much better without Gaddafi.

MoEl wrote:

Soo....

you mean worse than kidnapping someone, murdering them and leaving their family in the dark only to find the body in a freezer 20 years later OR hanging students in a public square and televising it on TV, OR knocking down homes just because you want a better view, OR raping on a grand scale, OR using kids as human shields....?? Gaddafi and his thugs set the bar extremely high on the human rights abuse scale.  There may be some abuse, but the difference is that those who are affected can complain and their complaints will be loud and long no doubt...and this time they will be heard.

m0j0working wrote:
MoEl wrote:

Soo....

you mean worse than kidnapping someone, murdering them and leaving their family in the dark only to find the body in a freezer 20 years later OR hanging students in a public square and televising it on TV, OR knocking down homes just because you want a better view, OR raping on a grand scale, OR using kids as human shields....?? Gaddafi and his thugs set the bar extremely high on the human rights abuse scale.  There may be some abuse, but the difference is that those who are affected can complain and their complaints will be loud and long no doubt...and this time they will be heard.

The problem is selfish non patriotic people like the writer of the tread can not see what you have mentioned, simply because this never happened to them or their families. Algae will always try to wager and plant some doubt about what has been achieved as they have benefited a lot from being Gaddafi's eye and hand abroad some of them managed to get better education and then feel they have become Americans and superior among other Libyans. The only thing they can see is if there's any writing mistake and correct it showing off their language skills.

Coming from a Libyan who does not show the Libyan flag in his "path", calls himself a mancunian and lives in Manchester.
VERY patriotic I must say.

Officeboy, your way of judging patriotism makes your score Zero I guess by moving from a place to another and putting bags of money as ur logo can reflect ur goals as well. it's your problem if you don't see the bigger flag on my logo.
By the way, what has moved your barley?? ask someone for the meaning. he needs to be Libyan to explain it.

m0j0working wrote:

Gaddafi and his thugs set the bar extremely high on the human rights abuse scale.

Indeed! Especially with him and his thugs deviating so far from the modern standards of international banking and finance.

mancunian wrote:
MoEl wrote:

Soo....

does anyone here notice a clear smell of Algae?

lols, i had him down as one since the beginning.

MoEl wrote:
m0j0working wrote:

Gaddafi and his thugs set the bar extremely high on the human rights abuse scale.

Indeed! Especially with him and his thugs deviating so far from the modern standards of international banking and finance.

Ahh... the gold standard conspiracy theory returns.

MoEl wrote:

Soo....

How absolutely sickeningly ridiculous.
This comment is a disgrace..... to the memory of the thousands that died during this war...the thousands that were killed, executed or eliminated by gaddafi and his thugs, both within and outside Libya.. and the thousands that 'disappeared' during his reign of terror.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZxVhbvsuKM

"Don't buy a slave unless you have a whip" -- Libyan proverb

When you can give me 42 yrs worth of youtube clips like this, maybe you'll have something of worth to compare.

It's not just an incident or two or thousand. It's the entire culture.

As A Libyan I See alot of violation here
One of my cousins arrested By Zintan Militants in road block
Do know why they arrest him just because SMS message in his phone
even when he say to the the Message he receive are not from him
the keeps Beat him he almost die on there hands
at last the ask him if he know any army officer or if any of his cousins have Expense cars when he say no the continued beat him until one of they say let's release this guy he useless for us
after he get out of  building some of Zintan Militants who guard out said said this guy talk  bad about Zintan Tribe lets shot him  ...after he pass the other side of road the start chase him and shot.
my cousin told me the bullet  was pass side of me ..they was want to kill me just for SMS Message ..
This Is unbelievable we just get ride from Ghaddafi regime
after that . this criminals take his Place ..Like we done nothing replacing Ghaddafi with 1000 Ghaddafi (with Same thoughts )
Unfortunately It will take years until Libya become safe
I don't know if any of human right organization done any investigation after Ghaddafi regime down .
The Minster of justice in Libya from months ago have admit all this violation but he say I have no authority to stop it
because every Militant has it own rolls own jails and they are not care to the government at all ..

SuperHit,

Was that SMS recieved from Saadi? or Aisha ?

@ Moel,

First, back in late 70s there was no town called Tawerqa Gaddafi made that town from bastards and ex slaves. second they have commeted crimes in Musrata even women and childern have tortured Musraties. So they deserve everything that is happening to them.

^^ You Was Live In Canad Do you know any of Canadian Law I no think so .
and about the bi*** Aisha  and the ho** Saadi I hope they burn in hell (with your ignorance of course)
By the way I was from firsts activist in Face-book and I face up Danger many times from Ghaddafi loyalist
As you mention Tawerqa the action that has been taken from Misrata Militants Are externally Racism
(you know that not only  Tawerqa have volunteers fight with Ghaddafi there is Some from Zlitan and Tarhona an Bani waled )but they revenge from Tawerqa 1st because they are black 2d because they are the weaker Opponent.
Ok If Misrata take the law with there hand and the others doing so where is Law and civilization country we looking for .
I know many rebels who relay fight in front lines for months
but when Tripoli liberated most of them put their weapon down and back to their work and their normal life .
but the rest who call them self rebels still layup their weapon in Tripoli streets .
They robbed all government building some of riches farms
steal money and Cars from ex Ghaddafi Loyalist ..
This is not the revolution we want in 17 Feb I don't know from where this criminals come from . they Distorted our revolution .
I just tired from all this hates and killing every day .
why there is still fight while Ghaddafi and his regime are gone .

Mo_marrakech wrote:

SuperHit,

Was that SMS recieved from Saadi? or Aisha ?

@ Moel,

First, back in late 70s there was no town called Tawerqa Gaddafi made that town from bastards and ex slaves. second they have commeted crimes in Musrata even women and childern have tortured Musraties. So they deserve everything that is happening to them.

You really shouldn't call other Libyans bastards and ex-slaves? Who do you really think you are and what kind of daft fantasy stories have you been told that your background is? You have about as much in common with ancient Libyans as present day Egyptians have in common with ancient Egyptians of whom Herodotus wrote about in 500 BC.

There are some "real blood" Libyans that do exist but you probably refer to them as "cave crawlers". Even those people are questionable to prove that they were living there in the time of the prophet Muhammad. There are also native negro black Libyans who are local and as native as can be. Libya used to be called the barbery coast and was the largest pickup point in slave trade on the North African coast. You do have black African Libyans who are descendant of peoples who were brought up out from other parts of Africa. If you are Araboid Libyan,  which most Libyans are, don't be too quick to rule out a migratory background. During the old Ottoman empire there was lots of migration throughout the empire, especially during the last 200 years of the empire the migration increased lots because there was lots of problems everywhere and people were moving around to escape problems and persecutions and corruptions. So your bloodline might very possibly be from as far away as Jordan or Iraq and migrated in 1700 or 1800s.

Anyways, you must change your attitude to your fellow country men and stop racial discrimination. Its a very small population to begin with and brotherhood and unity is more important than anything in a time like this. The last thing you need is further racial discrimination to divide the small population farther.

Build unity, love and pray every day that you alive, well, healthy and are so lucky to be living and witnessing such a time as this for your peoples. If the revolution did not happen, regardless of how much foreigners influenced or not, the future would have continued for another 40 years as it did in the past 40 years with Qaddaffi's ruling and you having no choice or options in the matter.

Mo_marrakech wrote:

douglas1969

I know that you are a Bedouin me3fen and a fungi livving in a shthole in Toronto. Looser

So douglas, i guess the build unity, love and pray every day that you alive, well, healthy and are so lucky to be living and witnessing such a time as this for your peoples is out for Mo?!

m0j0working wrote:
Mo_marrakech wrote:

douglas1969

I know that you are a Bedouin me3fen and a fungi livving in a shthole in Toronto. Looser

So douglas, i guess the build unity, love and pray every day that you alive, well, healthy and are so lucky to be living and witnessing such a time as this for your peoples is out for Mo?!

not at all. :-) you can't judge an entire people based on the rants and postings of a young man who has not found himself yet.  The Libyan peoples are a wonderful people with a lot of good hearts.

douglas, i know, i'm here. can't believe the "step-by-step" that i am hearing from all levels -- thuwar, taxi drivers, mothers, teachers...you might add the Libyans are a patient people. this post-revolution is painful, yet necessary and inspiring....and irritating at the same time!! :)

Chameleon 

We come and go

We come and go

Culture Club

SarahMK wrote:

lols, i had him down as one since the beginning.

I wouldn't describe him as a Gaddafi sympathiser, but I've read through a few of his postings and he does come off as something of a western-worshipping ass kisser who's ashamed of his heritage.

I'm half Libyan and I won't hesitate to tell anyone who brings it up how much I find many, many Libyan and Arab social and cultural norms and behaviors to be foolish, backward, ignorant, or silly.
However, there's a big difference between that and proclaiming how much you hate and are ashamed of your cultural background every chance you get.

mancunian wrote:

I guess by moving from a place to another and putting bags of money as ur logo can reflect ur goals as well.

lolololol someone clearly didn't get that particular joke. Which is a shame because you've posted in (and therefore presumably read) the thread in which it was made.

mancunian wrote:

By the way, what has moved your barley?? ask someone for the meaning. he needs to be Libyan to explain it.

He has no obligation to do that. This is an english-speaking forum so use english expressions. Saying something in another language then asking people to "tell someone to tell you what that means" just makes you look silly.