Nanny or teacher job

I am a Spanish girl, planning to move to Indiam I have not decided the city yet. I am a prescool and primary teacher and my dream is to live in different countries and work with children from different cultures. I have gained an International Montessori Diploma in London so I hope that will help.
Otherwise I would consider working as a nanny or going as a volunteer with an NGO with a project in education.

Does somebody has information about how to get a nursery job or a nanny job and if once IŽm in India it is going to be easy to find?
Do you know NGOs that wotk there and which one would u recommend?

Thank you very much for your help. It looks easier to go to India now that I have found this forum.

Thanks,

Silvia.

Hi Silvia,

Most Wel-come to India where you find people very friendly and helpful. Here you will get many things beyond your expectation like  Children, friends, religious function & the best things is the culture of Indian. I think Gujarat is the best place were you can work as per your expectation.

For any help most wel-come be in touch.

Regards,

Amish

Hi Silvia,

I am an Indian living in the US for 6 years now. I've traveled quite a bit in India as well as the US, UK, and Singapore. The reason I'm giving you this information is so that you might be able to derive some insight into my though process.

Much like any Indian, I'm going say 'thank-you' for considering India! We take pride in our nationality and are normally very welcoming and helpful. However, I must warn you that you should not trust anyone right away. We can be quite unreliable and untrustworthy, especially in the day-to-day activities, such as getting a taxi, buying groceries, unsolicited help, etc.

Please research as much as you can before going, especially about personal safety. Do consider crime statistics. Bangalore used to be considered to be pretty safe when I lived there quite a few years ago. I hear it has changed. Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Pune, Ahmedabad, can be considered safe too as long as you know where you are going and at what time you are going. Consider the availability of public transport options also. Unlike in the US and Europe, do not expect to find very well connected routes and means of transport. India is undergoing a huge transformation. There is excellent as well as archaic infrastructure side by side. Expect chaos.

Cities in India can be exorbitantly expensive to downright cheap.

Do research the possibilities of employment before you come. I believe you will require a work visa so time spent beforehand is helpful. Not everything is available online in India and many have an online presence but are not very responsive to online inquiries although the good places generally will respond. Be ready to call. Do your homework.

Coming from Spain, you may or may not have culture shock. But do prepare to be shocked, in the way we deal with things, in the way we accept certain ways of life, and in the way we can be ignorant of civic sense and responsibility, and in the way some of us can be real geniuses. It is a land of huge contrasts, diverse cultures, languages, and ways of life. In many ways, it is like if Europe was one country, with thrice the number of people, and ten times the chaos. Note that the food can be very different in different parts of the country although upscale places should be reasonably good with a wide selection almost anywhere.

India is a tropical country so be prepared medically. Investigate required vaccines and what foods to avoid. Drinking water options should also e inquired (Tap water is not drinkable in most places).

And lastly, have an exit strategy in hand. Unfortunately, if things do not work out, you do not want to get stuck in a situation.

Oh and BTW, there are many NGOs working there. Google them and try to stick to the bigger, more established ones.

Teaching, and related jobs, the kind you are looking for would probably best be in the larger cities. You could try the international schools in various cities. Note that your salary might not convert to a nice figure in Euros. Consider the cost of living in the city you choose and make sure you can survive well with what you'll make.

Unfortunately, i do not have a reference to any of these but will post if I find any.

Hi Silvia ,

I am Wasim and I stay in Bangalore in India.Well I am in touch for few of the international and outreach schools here in Bangalore...I can recommend ur name for the same.But what I suggest that its always good for the candidate to be personnally here and getting a job prospects are really good then.
There are lot of NGO here in Bangalore...u can get associated with them and can work with them....it depends how u manage ur time then.
Also u can teach spanish to children as part timer and can associate with in many ways...

I would suggest to u come down in Bnagalore ....so that we can work out things for u.....

Meanwhile u can send your resume to email ID [email protected] so that i post it to schools for the job

Till then ...TC...bye....