Language in activity

Dear friends!
I'm very interested in that questions:
What do you think about studying any languages in any activity, for example Spanish+Flamenco classes or French + French cookery. Is it interesting for you and more attractive and could be more efficient way to study language in such a way?

What do you think about it?
And could you be interested in the sample programme like the Russian Language + Russian Folk dance, or Russian Language + The theatre practice or + cookery or + smth else?

Hi Estre!

What is the purpose of your question?

Regards
Armand

Just interesting. Becuase as i can see it's actually principal trend of modern system of language education. And I just wonder to find out if it could be really interesting for foreign people who stay long time in Russia to combine courses not to only study foreign language (i'm talking not only about Russian language) but also and even more to have fun and communication with other people at the same situation (I mean being in strange country, where before your real accomadation, you exist only at work and/or at home)

What do you think, Armand?

I think that it is useful but to use this method as only method in your study is not that effective. I would like to advice you to do language exchange - you can find local people who would like to study your language, you can go to bar, drnk beer/coffe and talk half an how in one language than another one.

I think it could be interesting but limiting.  Adding the extra element of language to an activity class would make that class more dimensional and interesting, but I do not think it would be very effective as a tool for actually learning the language.  The environment alone would limit the vocabulary.  Plus, the distraction of the activity would always put the language as a second focus and never the priority.