Moving to Saigon, would love some help to get to know the city?

Hi everyone, im moving to saigon around the end of Feb/early March and id like to get in contact with some other expats or locals before i arrive. I dont know anyone there and if anyone would like to give me some pointers on Do's and Dont's, social etiquette or anything of the like i would really appreciate it. I have just completed my TESOL course and have 3 years of a psychology degree completed, however i still have a honor year to complete and so dont have a degree as such. Im told i should still be abe to find employment, is this the case?

If anyone would be interested in catching up next year please let me know im an easy going bloke and wont try to analyze the depths of your mind as some Tv shows would portray, rather i love a chat and a cold beer. Problem is i dont know anyone or anywhere to do this. Cheers :)

Hi klavsy and welcome to Expat.com!

Do not hesitate to browse the different threads of the forum. This may help.;)

There are also some articles in our participative guide which may be useful.
Here is the link > https://www.expat.com/en/guide/asia/vietnam/.

All the best,
Harmonie.:)

Hi klavsy,
i am Truc, it is nice to know that you are gonna be here next feb. I like meeting new people and exchanging culture with people coming from all over the world. My yahoo is [email protected], if you are interested, you can add this and we will catch up with each other. I would like to have another friend.
I am lookin forward to seeing you from you and your soon presence in vietnam. Anyway, may you have a happy new year.
Sincerely,
Truc.:)

That is my skype and yahoo : minhtuantk099. If you have some problems, do not hestitate to contact with me.
Tks.

klavsy wrote:

Hi everyone, im moving to saigon around the end of Feb/early March and id like to get in contact with some other expats or locals before i arrive. I dont know anyone there and if anyone would like to give me some pointers on Do's and Dont's, social etiquette or anything of the like i would really appreciate it. I have just completed my TESOL course and have 3 years of a psychology degree completed, however i still have a honor year to complete and so dont have a degree as such. Im told i should still be abe to find employment, is this the case?

If anyone would be interested in catching up next year please let me know im an easy going bloke and wont try to analyze the depths of your mind as some Tv shows would portray, rather i love a chat and a cold beer. Problem is i dont know anyone or anywhere to do this. Cheers :)

You might want to apply for a job as an English teacher. I recommend ILA and VUS (Clever Learn, SEAMEO and others are also nice, but I am working for ILA, so I am suggesting it!! :P)
By the way, I am also interested in psychology. Can we talk sometime?? :x

Ciao dude, send me a message sometime.

Happy to help out and you're free to hang out with us getting your baring etc!

Tom