Want to learn Italian; can teach Hindi/English in return

Hey all,

I'm new to this, but I'm already liking the vibes and enthusiasm on this forum! I am a freelance writer and editor based in New Bombay (Navi Mumbai), with a passion for traveling, photography, writing, dance, languages and yoga. My dream is to learn as many new languages as I can before I leave this world. And one is never too old to learn anything.

As for my previous trysts with language, I learnt broken French for 5 years in middle school/high school, and also completed 2 certificate levels with Alliance Francaise de Bombay. I then completed 1 level German with Goethe Institut, Max Mueller, Bombay.

My discontinuities with learning French and German were generally due to financial crunch or time restraints as I was juggling too many things at that time.

I always loved French, but I realized that every second Indian I meet knows French. So I feel that French is overused and I don't want to be caught in that mob.

Now, I'm dying to learn Italian and I want to go the whole mile with this beautiful language. So can anyone suggest which classes I can take? Or if there's any native Italians out here in Bombay who could  help me learn Italian, while I could help them polish their English or Hindi. I'm a Bombay-born woman who corrects people's English for a living. So I can assure you my language skills are in place :-)

Any suggestions or advice is welcome!
Cheers

Hello freespirit25!

Welcome to Expat.com and thanks for this introduction.
I would suggest you to post an advert in the language exchange section of Bombay classifieds.
It might help in your search.

Good luck ;)
Armand

Dear Freespirit,

Your language skills are surely in place. You used very few words to explain a whole lot of things and while reading the word-flow was very smooth.Good to have more people such as you on(or is it at?) the forum.

I am currently learning spanish and I am being helped by a Swissa.She has been kind enough to help for 1 hour or so everyday in the morning(8 a.m. to 9 a.m.).I could ask her if she would like to let you also join.We have started last week  but the language is not Italian.It is Spanish.
Incidently I can see that she is fluent in both  German  & French ,the languages you have attempted to learn.
So if you are interested in learning Spanish,we could learn it together with her.The location is on the harbour line not far from New Mumbai.
Best wishes,
Art