House improvement

Are there any house improvement stores in Cairo?

what exactly are you looking for? Furniture, decoration, renovation ?

everything! for eg. a study desk, drawer unit, carpet....and the list goes on...IKEA would be perfect but It won't be opened until late 2012 according to my search:(

tutamska wrote:

everything! for eg. a study desk, drawer unit, carpet....and the list goes on...IKEA would be perfect but It won't be opened until late 2012 according to my search:(

How fast would you want this? I know a company that does everything you need for you (custom made) and usually custom made woodwork is better and cheaper than ready made. I recently bought all the furniture I need from them (two bedrooms, dining room, living room, shoes closet) and they are good and inexpensive, but it would take 3-4 weeks to make what you want.

For the carpet it's better to go to Oriental Weavers. Let me know what part of Cairo you live in and I'll give you the address of their closest outlet.

There is an Istikbal store at Citystars. Also Kilim, in Makram Ebeid street, close to there. I guess you might be familiar with the brands.

keod wrote:

There is an Istikbal store at Citystars. Also Kilim, in Makram Ebeid street, close to there. I guess you might be familiar with the brands.

Istikbal is nice but charges an arm and a leg for anything :D

Thank you very much for your answers. I have decided to get them (bookshelf-study desk- drawer unit) done for me. I have just discovered a furniture shop in Zamalek that you just give the picture and measurements and they do it within the two weeks. I will go to carpet city for the carpets. Oh! one more thing...Is there any floral market in Cairo?