Where to live in Colombo?

Hi,
My husband and I are moving to Colombo at the end of this year from UK and trying to figure out which part of Colombo we should start hunting for apartments. So far, we've been advised that Colombo 3 is a good bet since it has a lot going on there. Any other suggestions? Since we won't be employed in Sri Lanka, we're looking for ways to meet other people in Colombo so I think location will be pretty important.
I look forward to hearing your suggestions!
reebs79

Colombo 3 is more conveneinet,Colombo 7 also can be recomand since its quit easy, less trafic and good envirment.

Rayan

Colombo 3 is best and also colombo 07 and colombo 04 nice beach area inn colombo 04 and easy to travel.if u want any help contact
[email protected]

Wow- thanks guys! Really appreciate the responses. I can now expand my search!
Many thanks!

Let us know your findings will give you some genuine feedback and try to give you information as much as we can at the same time welcome you to sri lanka , I am sure you guys will love it here:D

Check out the latest events & happenings of Sri lankans around the world

http://opaadupa.com/

[Moderated: no free ads on the forum]

hello! I'm chiara from italy, I'm just arrived in Colombo, looking for a flat and for friends!

Guys, it all depends what you want whilst you are in Sri Lanka.  If you are not going to be employed in Sri Lanka, then you would be paying good money for rent in Colombo 3, 4, 7 etc.  It is not that people are going to give you free accommodation but I am sure you could get a good apartment in a suburb for less than what you would pay in Colombo 3, 4 or 7.

A pal has a brand new (well, it is now two years old) three b/r apartment at a place called Dehiwela on the outskirts of Colombo where the rent is SLK Rupees 50K monthly and it has air conditioning in the entire apartment (you will be paying electricity separately). Most apartments have small swimming pools, gym, parking and security thrown in.

Friends would not be a problem but be selective.  Sports clubs like CH&FC at Maitland Crescent, CR&FC at Longdon Place, SSC at Maitland Place will be good places to check out.  Also Otter Aquatic Sports Club off Bauddhaloka Mawatha is also a nice place.  Then there are loads of nite clubs but you need to be careful - wrong crowd could be there!!!

Good luck folks and I am sure both Chiara and Reebs will like it in Sri Lanka.

Hi,
I'm also working with UN group in here.and also i would like to meet u..if u like put me an emai.
[email protected]

Well, how about flying me to Colombo from Abidjan and we could meet over a cup of coffee at one of the Barrista's places.

I am game even for a beer at the CH&FC if you care to have a stronger drink.

What would you want to meet me for?

Cheers

sammymelder wrote:

Guys, it all depends what you want whilst you are in Sri Lanka.  If you are not going to be employed in Sri Lanka, then you would be paying good money for rent in Colombo 3, 4, 7 etc.  It is not that people are going to give you free accommodation but I am sure you could get a good apartment in a suburb for less than what you would pay in Colombo 3, 4 or 7.

A pal has a brand new (well, it is now two years old) three b/r apartment at a place called Dehiwela on the outskirts of Colombo where the rent is SLK Rupees 50K monthly and it has air conditioning in the entire apartment (you will be paying electricity separately). Most apartments have small swimming pools, gym, parking and security thrown in.

Friends would not be a problem but be selective.  Sports clubs like CH&FC at Maitland Crescent, CR&FC at Longdon Place, SSC at Maitland Place will be good places to check out.  Also Otter Aquatic Sports Club off Bauddhaloka Mawatha is also a nice place.  Then there are loads of nite clubs but you need to be careful - wrong crowd could be there!!!

Good luck folks and I am sure both Chiara and Reebs will like it in Sri Lanka.