Urgent birth certificate......pls reply

Hi,
i got an appointment for birth certificate for my newborn girl in Nasiriyah. But i heard that now for the last few month they don't give the birth certificate immediately...they usually give a reciept to collect it after 10 to 30 days ....any idea?

How can i get it on the same day or within 1 days[/b] as i have to send my family back home and without birth certificate i cant issue passport

@dr.saqif27th,

You have got a little mis-understanding :). Let me clarify that:

- As you visit them, they'll issue you a letter that is NOT the OFFICIAL birth certificate. It's just a report of registration (I forgot it's name in Arabic). Before leaving their office, make sure that you have got this paper signed+stamped by all required persons/authorities. This report can be used to:

>> Get baby's iqama issued.
>> Apply for baby's passport from your embassy.

The official BIRTH CERTIFICATE will be issued once the baby gets one year old and you present them the evidence that all vaccination records are in order etc (vaccination card).

By the way, the BIRTH CERTIFICATE is a brown colored booklet sort of document.

Hope this helps :)

@TheLegendLeads

Thanks for the reply.

I do agree with you. The same thing i did with for my son 2 yr ago.

but now for the last few month THE NEW RULE is that they are not giving any handwritten temporary birth certificate ( so far i heard from my colleague )

Does anybody knows is it true ?