Living in GuangZhou

Hello and thank you in advance for your help. My wife and I will be moving to GuangZhou for 2-3 years. She is a Chinese national. I have budget questions please. Our monthly income will be 13,200 Yuan. Can we get a good, modern, unfurnished, AIR CONDITIONED, appliances, good area, possibly Panyu, apartment close to coffee shops, stores, restaurants, transport etc for about 3,200 Yuan per month??? That will leave 10,000 Yuan per month for living costs i.e Cable TV, Internet, Utilities, food, clothing, some dining out, general living expenses etc. Is this realistic on 13,200 Yuan each month????? Thank you all very much. David.

Hi there! welcome to Guangzhou!
It's realistic for you and wife to live in Panyu within your income. Actually it's not too expensive to live in Panyu. (moderated: no free ads please)
Best Regards!
cherry

Cherry thank you very much. I appreciate your time and opinion. Best regards, David.

you're welcome David! My i have your e-mail ?so i may send you some advice.

Certainly thank you.
Use [email protected].
Regards,
David.

[email protected]? right?

I love panyu but my Chinese GF says that she wouldnt want to live there since they have some of the worst schools in the GZ area; otherwise Panyu is a fantastic place. just dont expect to see other foreigners.  :P

I am living in Tianhe with my chinese wife and daughter about the same income  3 months now for me ...paying a little more for a furnished 2 bdrm ... have no idea about Panyu but I suspect it would be cheaper than here.

Brian

[Moderated: please post in classifieds]

hi there. whats 10000rbm, Australian?

Hello KIWIGREG and welcome to Expat.com!

To note that this thread is dated 2011. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie