Phililpine Annulment

Can any kind person help myself and my long term filipina girl friend about advice on annulment , we truly love each other and want to be together in the UK , however she is seperated from her husband who she married about 12 years ago , we think we have 3 counts for annulment, one is he was unable to physically consumate the marriage , two he threatened and  intimidated her into the marriage after she told him she did not want to go through with it, three we think he was psychology incapacitated as he was a drunk and a drug addict and he aslo beat her , hold a gun to her head, and put a sword to her throat and is constantly threatening to kill her made her life an total misery . she has been seperated for several years, she now works in Hong Kong and is soon going to Canada , does anyone think we have a case for annulment as we both dont have mega bucks to spare , i have supported her financially for many years and have remained in contact via phone, letters and visiting several times , would it be an ideal for her to obtain a tourist visa first to come to the UK and then apply for annulment as we believe her husband may try and kill her , would she able to stay here under humanitarian grounds, would she be able after she came here under a tourist visa and be able to apply for another visa, please some one advice us as we truly want to be together and have chrildren one day maybe if she became pregnant with me would the UK immigration service grant her automatic right to come here , waiting for your helpfiul advice kind people

Anything is possible.....

I am not a lawyer, but to answer to your request. If you plan to stay in UK, why worry about annulment? If I am not mistaken, there is a period where if they don't see each other for a number of years, then, one law can apply. There is definitely a ground for annulment present in your situation, but all of those should have been reported to the local police, barangay, etc. If she has been away, I don't see any reason why the hassle of annulment, just move on, we have a God who is merciful and He is the sole judge. If you are filing for an annulment just because it is a requirement of a particular church, then, that is another story. Think about this, if you were to help her get an annulment, she needs to come back here, pay a lawyer of at least P250,000 to settle the matter and she has to attend to some hearings. If her ex-husband knows you have the money, he will give you a hard time.
I am sorry that there is no such thing as not paying for the lawyers to get a job done. Lawyers are lawyers and they will ask for money. The only easy fix I know about annulments are done out in the provinces but it still costs money and it will still take time for the party involved. And the next hurdle will be the other party's participation.
HOpe that helps.

PInaymentor