Is it possible to create a company in malaysia for a foreigner?

Before anything
Thank you for this site as  i always get an answer this is nice. I have been living here for a few weeks, and I need to work.
I don t really like staying at home and just waiting for the kids coming back; I used to have a job but lost it when I moved here with my husband.
So the idea is to create my ownn job as I don t find it here...
Does anybody know if it possible to set up a Cy here beeing a foreigner ? Am I forced to take a local associate.
What is the capital to liberate to create the cy?
What are the taxes?
Etc etc
many many questions I have that maybe you can answer before I go any further.bv
Thank you for reading me

I am not sure what sort of company you want to create. enterprise, public limited or limited company. Why don't you contact an agency which i get the contact from the internet on how to set up a public limited company.

THe company is  HERO VENTURES SDN. BHD.
Tel No : 019 - 394 0000,   016 - 286 0000,   012 - 3900 700 - Mr. Rustum
Tel No : 03 - 4044 0000,   4044 1000,   4044 2000,   4044 3000,   4044 4000,   4044 6000,   4044 7000,   4044 8000,  4044 9000
Fax No : 03 - 4042 0723
Address :   No. 40-2,  Second Floor,  Jalan 14/48A,  Sentul Raya,  Off Jalan Sentul,  51000  Kuala Lumpur  - Above Public Bank

Perhaps they can enlighten you on this. Or alternatively why dont you have an online business. But if I am not mistaken you also need to register for tax purposes.

Hope that helps.

Hi there,

My brother in law is involved in consulting and incorporating company for locals and foreigners. Do let me know if you are interested. We can probaly fix a time to meet up. Anway where are u from and where do u live?

Yes it is possible and pretty much straightforward. I have done it recently. There are many options of the company structure and fomration place - which also affect to the taxation.

Tax rate can vary from 0 to 27%, depending of your business.

hi mr mohamadj, thanks for the contact info. Do you have contact agency for this kind of online business? We are looking for the system that already done directly enquiry from hotels and rates in Malaysia and integrate to our system. Please advice us.

Thanks,

-oliver

setting up a company is relatively straightforward.  Easiest is to get in touch with Company Secretarial company (just google - there are tons).  The quick points as I recall them are (it has beenn a while so please double check) that you need a minimum of two directors one of whom must be a local resident. Minimum paid up capital is RM2. In terms of process, you need to do reserve the name and then register the company with SSM (website www.ssm.com.my).  Do factor in need for annual audit requirements as part of your budgeting.  Generally, 100% foreign ownership is permitted.  Minimum local ownership is required only in selected industry sectors and primarily through licensing requirements, where applicable. The main alternative is to just register a business, which works but you then have personal liability if things don't work out.  Best speak with an accounting, company secretarial, or legal firm.  They would be able to assist for a fee (i think it used to be around RM3 - 5k).  Taxes is a bit more complicated....