Does this job exist in Malaysia?

Hallo everyone,

i studied automation technology in germany and i am currently working in germany as a planner for building automations.

The following are my job scopes:-
1. plan the sensors to be used to automate devices like air handling units and heat distributor.
2. plan the control cabinet to be used for the automation of the devices.
3. cost estimation of the automation part of the project.
4. search for tenders.
5. checking offers from tenders.

My question is, when i return to Malaysia, can i get a job similar to what i am doing now? Does this job even exist in Malaysia?

i have searched in the internet with search quotes like "building automation planner", "measurement and control building engineer", and many more, but dont seem to be able to find anything relevant.

Pls advice.

Thank you very much.

Welcome to Expat.com eng1neer!

Harmonie.:)

Try searching for property developers.. the technology you used in Germany may not have reached in mass scale over here in Malaysia but sophisticated smart buildings are plenty in area of Cyberjaya and Putrajaya. There are also silicon chip manufacturing company like Intel that has the largest manufacturing centre in the world setup here in Malaysia..

Hello fuaadlazaki, thank you for the reply.

to be honest, i grew up in Malaysia, but studied and work in Germany, therefore i am not very well-versed with how things are done in Malaysia.

From my opinion, the control of air handling units and heat distributing system are the basics of a building. Therefore, i always thought that although malaysia's technology is not very advanced yet, it should have technologies to a considerable degree. Which is why i thought that this job should exist in Malaysia.

For the job description that i described, do you know what the job is called in Malaysia?

thank you

Building Automation Engineers, Solution Architects (Building Automation), Automation Engineering Expert, Advanced Automation (AA) Building Engineer, Hybrid Automation Engineer.

This type of job is very limited in Malaysia so you will find it difficult to search for even one. Ideally, due to its scarcity in vacancies, candidates will be very well paid.

Try searching in Job Portals such as Jobstreet.com.my or Monster.com.my or Recruit.net for open positions.

How's the job market in Germany dear friend and what is your name? I specialize in Virtualization and Computer Science majoring i n ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and Systems Architecture/Cloud Computing. Secondary in Telecommunications.

thanks, i will give your search suggestions a try

The market for this position in Germany is quite good. However, these positions are quite scarce in germany. However, a simple google search will bring you results for this job positions in germany.

I work in a planning office. Building automation planners are scarce, but HVAC planners are easily found.

deae eng1neer,

Malaysia do not have a wide scope of opportunities of jobs that you have described. I know this as I am a mechanical engineer who studied in the US. I would suggest you to remain in germany where beer is cheap & you are paid in euro. Engineers are not paid well in Malaysia.

when it comes to automation, Germany, Japan, S. Korea would give you better opportunities than malaysia.