Relocating to Bali for job - could use some help finding housing!

Hi, I will be relocating to Bali on March 1, 2012 for a new job with a large sourcing/design company.  Looking for long-term (6 mos - 1 year) house/villa/apt/bungalow rental (doesn't matter as long as it is nice) or a shared rental in a spacious villa/house.  Prefer a place with an open view with Balinese feel, must be clean and have modern bathroom and kitchen.  My office is in downtown Kuta area so looking for a location that is within 30 minute drive.  My budget is between $300-$500/mo (but flexible) and will depend how nice the place is.  If you are looking for a reliable flatmate or if you have a 1-2 bedroom place for rent, please email me at '[email protected]'.

I am currently in Bali actively looking for a place so please contact me Asap and send pictures if possible.  Thank you for any help you can give!  Looking for a place here has been stressful and not as cheap as I expected either ;).

General advice.

NEVER take a look at anything priced in US$ - Rip off jobs designed for foreigners. Locals use local cash.

Jakarta has houses in guarded clusters for Rp25 million/year for a 3+1 bed with 2+1 bathroom. Amy more is probably way too expensive and a lot are far cheaper.

EDIT - In smaller towns, Rp5 to 10 million will get you a very nice place in a guarded cluster.

Ads will show 3+1. That means 3 bedrooms plus a maid's room. Same goes for toilets.

Agents will try to help you but the guys who stop you in the street will take every penny you're good for.

Any rental agreement need a "materai". That's a government stamp you buy to sign over. It makes the agreement a legal document. Could be dangerous without that stamp.

http://cdn-u.kaskus.us/36/5vmg9qcg.jpg

And read the lease with the greatest care.

I've had people try to add all sorts in there.
Check who repairs what and who pays insurance for what. I had one bloke try to make me pay for house insurance but without saying who he would use or what the cost would be.
Building insurance is normally down to the owner but you have to pay content insurance.
Same goes for repairs. A full repairing contract could cost you   if there are problems with the place.
Rubbish collection and security are extras. Check the cost with the local Pak RT (Village head) before you sign but expect Rp200,000/month.

hi,did you found a unit aleady?