Princess Noura University - please share your experience?

Hi all! I am would like to hear your experience about teaching at PNU.

I'd like to hear about teaching at PNU as well - is there a veil of secrecy . . .?

Good question!

From what I have heard through the grapevine the teaching is fine. Its the HR & Admin that suck.

I'm hearing the same thing, musicman. Teachers angry with the employer, the Saudi British Centre (SBC), for not returning passports, reducing their pay, and just overall issues with not fulfilling the employment contract.  There's now a site called ladies4justice.com dedicated to these problems.  Apparently, several expat English teachers have approached the Saudi Minister of Labor for assistance.  Makes me think twice about teaching for SBC and unfortunately, I believe they're the only company handling PNU's HR responsibilities.

My info is directly from several American teachers who came to work here and whom we met through expat-blog. Its so sad, but true. Everyone hopes that the Administration will pull up their socks and do their job efficiently.

While it may sound discouraging you guys deserve to know the reality on the ground before you make up your minds to come over and teach. It may be an adventure to challenge, in my view.

i would like to know about pnu teaching experience and accomodation as well.hope someone can update me :)

You can find comments about teaching at PNU and the employer that recruits teachers for the uni on Dave's ESL cafe Saudi forum.

can some one tell me how to apply in PNU for job

gulojamal wrote:

can some one tell me how to apply in PNU for job

Contact one of the many recruiters advertising on DavesESLCafe.com.

I was wondering if there was a way to go visit the university.. i am British and currently working in Riyadh.. apart from the negativity the uni must look nice lol... I guess there are no teachers here on the forum who currently work there and can advise further??

i also want to know if there is masters in computer science offered in pnu or not

how to get admission in pnu???
how to get job in pnu???

HADEELQUR wrote:

how to get job in pnu???

WHEN did this become a PNU blog ?!?!?

ADVICE:  go to LinkedIn.com and find people who work there and ask THEM. 

ADVICE:
  go to Facebook and do a search for any pages set up for PNU employees or students.

ADVICE:  go to DavesESLCafe.com, to the Saudi Arabia Teachers Forum (a site dedicated to ESL professionals, unlike this site which is about life in Saudia, in general).

Good luck.

Alliecat wrote:
HADEELQUR wrote:

how to get job in pnu???

WHEN did this become a PNU blog ?!?!?

ADVICE:  go to LinkedIn.com and find people who work there and ask THEM. 

ADVICE:
  go to Facebook and do a search for any pages set up for PNU employees or students.

ADVICE:  go to DavesESLCafe.com, to the Saudi Arabia Teachers Forum (a site dedicated to ESL professionals, unlike this site which is about life in Saudia, in general).

Good luck.

ha ha ha.... u sure look like a corporate boss.. :p