Dogs are being poisoned in el-tagamor khamis

please take care if you take your dog out for a walk or are feeding any street animals ,a mother dog and her 3 month old puppies live outside my house ,this afternoon i found one of the puppies having convulsions i took it to the vet but it died on the way ,the vet said it had been poisened by strichnine please be vigilant it could be your dog next.

Is a sad story ...
but they must do something for the dog in the street ... last time close to my door it was 8 dogs barking at 4 o clock in the morning is just horrible specially when your baby cannot sleep because of the noise ... barking dogs + the horns of the cars ... noisy noisy noisy ... I wish a street more calm ....

is that possible?

In the past in Maadi, we used to have an enormouse stray dog and cat population. The non stop barking, howling and cat crying used to keep me up at night. Miraculously the number of stray dogs has fallen dramatically in the last 5 years, but I don't know how or why.

Netzian, now you know why, it can be a problem with stray dogs and cats , but this is a very cruel and horrible way to treat poor street animals that are fighting to survive in the streets of Cairo and what a horrible way to die when searching for food.
maybe a program to talk to owners of cats and dogs into getting there animals neuterd would help . In the USA they catch and sterilize the wild cats and dogs and then place them back into the area they caught them from, but maybe in the future it might work in Egypt.

Organize the garbage problem and the dogs will go.....this is a cruel and inhumane way to kill any animal and shows a complete lack of respect for living creatures.

I don't know if just hiding garbage will solve the problem. Dogs may go somewhere else, but surely they will increase if we don't take any action. TNR is very important, I think.
In a way, we can say we have no courage to poison dogs and cats, but have courage to make them starve to death if we don't see them in front of us....In my country, a trap called "animal catcher" is sold, but here, I don't know how to get such trap...