Dublin area - childfriendly and green?

Hello there!

I'm thinking about moving to the Dublin area for a job opportunity, together with my husband. We're from the Netherlands and we'd like to live abroad for 3 to 5 years. Living in Dublin itself is not really an option because we have a seven month year old son (and getting that extra bedroom there costs a lot..). There are plenty of lovely towns nearby that are well-connected to Dublin. But where to begin a quest for a new home?

Can you guys get me started on friendly and "green" towns to live in? Keywords: reasonable rent, safe environment for children, good public transport, oh and access to nature would be wonderful. I've heard good things about Dun Laoghaire and Dalkey?

Thanks a lot!
Marloes

Blanchardstown is well-positioned and safe. It's right off of the M-50 and close to the airport as well. It's child friendly. Several of my cousins grew up there and they liked it greatly. Good luck.

hi,

I am Dutch and live in Blanchardstown (appr. 10 km. from Dublin cimt
y centre and from airport) with my Irish husband and 4 children, close to beautiful nature, very good bus and train commute, nice shopping etc. good schools and nurseries galore.

mail me if you want to know more.

[email protected]

Jackie

Thanks for replying!!