We have been living together for 3 years, but we dont have a joint a/c

Hi there,
I am currently preparing all the documents for life partner permit.
there is one thing that i am missing: Joint bank account statement. We have been living together for 3 years, but we dont have a joint account...

Does anyone know what must i do now about it?

Many thanks

Yue

Hello Yue and welcome to Expat.com!

A new discussion has been created on the forum for better visibility.

Harmonie.:)

Hi.

You can contact Home Affaires on 0800 60 11 90.
I was told that I must just prove that we both have funds and then write a letter to say that we have shared financial responsabilities. At CT they acceptet that.

Good Luck, Im still waiting to get mine back after almost 3 months.

Regards Sarah

Thank Sarah. I wil try to phone them.

Did u apply for the petmit by urself or through an agent?

o

Hi.

Yes I did myself. And you? Are you thinking about getting help from an agent?

:D

Hi Sarah,
I am planning to do it by myself. I have got the relevant forms online. It is too expensive to ask an agent to do. An agent quoted me R 8000 for doing it.

by the way, i have to fill in BI 1738 (temporary residence permit) from page 1 to 5 right?

oh, did u submit a copy of your birth certificate?

Yue

Hi.
I cannot remember what the form was called, or what pages I filled out. Maybe you should ask at home affairs about that. Also I could not find the forms online, can you maybe send me a link so I can see if they are the same?
Was an agent going to charge you R8000? That is crazy, it is not like they can do everything for you anyway, you still have to do a lot of work, so it is really only advice they can give you.

No I did not submit birth certificate, I submitted certified copies of my passport and my BF (who is S.A. citizen) submitted a certified copy of his ID.

Feel free to ask more questions if you need to..

Regards Sarah

Hi Sarah,
here is the application form link http://www.dha.gov.za/PDF/immigration/bi1738.pdf

Thanks for everything.

Yue

Hi Yueli,

I had my life partner visa done a few months ago, don't worry about have a joint account. They won't ask 4 it.

Feel free to ask any question???

Poli

Hi Poli.

How long did it take from you submitted the documents to you had your permit? I have been waiting for about 3,5 months now.

Regards Sarah

I heard from an agent, it takes normally from 120 days to 180 days.

Hi,

Do all the documents need to notarized by the notary public? for example: lease agreement, cohabitation agreement?

thank you

Yue

Hi girls,

The all process took 9 months. It was ridiculous long and so stressful to get it all done. However, when I applied, the Home affair was having a issue with the Zimbabwe immigrants and due to that they delayed all the others applications. Hope u guys don't have to wait so long.

To Yueli,

Yes you need to take some of your documents to be notarized as u said : lease agreement,contract notarial.

Poli
x x x

9 MONTHS??? OMG.. Really? That is so long, I am going crazy here. Calling home affairs every week and going to the office every two weeks..

I also got all the documents certified, I also made copies of everything that I also got certified. I got a complete application at home.

@Yueli: The application form from the link you send me is not the application that I used. Did somebody from home affairs give it to you?? I used that form years ago when I applied for a student visa, but then I applied from Denmark and submitted it at the S.A. consulate in Copenhagen. Are you applying from  S.A. or your home country?