Residency

I have been in Yalikavak now for two weeks , i want to stay longer than three months ,where do i get the Residence forms from ?

Welcome to Expat.com ali_spencer!

You should maybe take a look at the forum, it may be useful.;)

Harmonie.:)

I live in Fethiye and I got my residency forms from the Pasaport Polis. There is then a lot of running here there and everywhere to get everything filled in that you need. You then take the completed forms back to the Pasaport Polis where they are then sent away (along with your passport) for the Residency Permit to be issued. It took 4 weeks when I sorted mine earlier this year.

Ali, you will have to go to the main Polis Station in your region.  You will need to take the following;

(1) passport with five years still left in use for the max cover if you only have four years on your passport you will have to renew in four years and so on,
(2) five passport size photos
(3) photocopy of tapu x 2
(4) photocopy of passport photo page
(5) phoyocopy of latest visa stamp page also on passport
(6) photocopy habation license
(7) 149 lira which is a one off payment for your ikamet book + around 50tl for each years residency that you apply for.

If you don't own the house where you are resident, then you will have to take a copy of your Tenancy Agreement and a copy of a recent bank statement.

I think the process after this may vary depending on the region in which you are staying.  I went to Aydin police station and then you go to the local tax office to pay the fee.  I then had to return a week later to collect the residency permit booklet (ikamet).

Hope this helps