Living in GZ with childrern-pollution issue

Hi there!
Considering moving in GZ with 2 childern (1,5 and 3,5 year old). However we are worried about the pollution issue. We have read a lot of alarming info.
What is your personal opinion/experience?
Any info would be helpfull!

Thanx in advance

Hi psaraki!

Welcome to Expat.com ;)
When is the moved scheduled?

Regards
Armand

Thanx for the reply!
if my husband accepts the offer he will be there in December. We dont know when shall we follow... The time of the year has anything to do with our concern? (i.e. pollution)

I have a small nostril problem, but I am still alive after spending most of my time in Guangzhou or Foshan. Generally speaking, the air quality in a few European counties, such as Britain and Germany, seems to be better than that in Guangzhou. But I wonder if any expatriate has died of air pollution in Guangzhou.

What's more, is your husband going to turn down the offer because of the pollution? Are you sure you don't want to follow him after he moves to Guangzhou??

id say that during the cooler days such as now its not so bad at all. but in the summer when its insanely hot ... it feels really not so good.

summer here is (HOT AS HELL) if anything. I am basically covered in sweat even if not moving.

hello. Did you finally moved to Guangzhou ? I am plannig go therewith my husband  and I have a boy of 4 years old.. has been easy for your childrens ?? I would like to hear from you.
regards,

Hi

The city has inproved alot over the last few years.

I remember comming 7 years ago and some days you would not see the top of the buildings for smog.

Thats changed as the government has made alot of taxies run on bottled gas, buses are alot more green, they even have one section that runs electric buses.

Trucks have restrictions on when the can come into the city.

I would come and not worry.

Regards

Richard