Expat in Flac en Flac

Hello, I'm a 30 yo old french male, new in Mauritus (for a long term period in flic en flac), and I'm looking for new friends in the area to go to the beach, bars,...Don't hesitate to contact me : deltabox(at)ymail.com

Hi Max, and welcome on Expat.com!

What's your occupation? You should also post in the forum Ile Maurice (in french) there's a pretty active community out there too...

All the best,

Julien

Hello,

Je suis webmaster freelance et adepte de plongée apnée en amateur.

Merci pour la réponse, je vais mettre un post sur ce blog...tu penses quoi des associations de frenchy style UFE ? Y semble qu'y ai pas grand monde comme expat a Flic en Flac.

A+

Bertrand

Hey there!

I'm an 37 yr old, male, expat (from Canada) recently moved to Flic en Flac. Drop me a line and we can meet up for a beer... as long as you don't make fun of my pathetic Canadian French... hahaha!

Hello, you can write on my email to fix a meeting if u want : deltabox (a) ymail.com

See you.

Hello!

We plan to meet up tmrw nite for a drink with other expats but it'll be in the north (around Grand Baie)

Do you think u could come?

Hi,

when and where in G bay do you meet tomorrow?

Julien

Are you back in Mauritius?

We plan to meet at 7:30pm in GB but dunno the exact place yet.

Do u wanna join us? :)

I am flying back tonight. I will probably be too tired to join tomorrow but we never know ...

Hi julian
I am expected to move to mauritius by the end of this month (July 09)along with my family which includes 3 years old child , spouse and a parent.I wanted to know about the monthly expenses which includes
indian vegetarian food,
decent two bed room accomodation,
education for the child and
few routine medicine for elderly like BP and Diabetes,
car on monthly rental,
maid for two  hours a day
Thanks

Hi ashu,

you should have a look to this thread: cost of living in Mauritius

It's good to be back in Mauritius :)

Hi Ashu

Wishing you and your family a warm welcome to Mauritius. The website of Julien is simply marvellous since it is a sure and free source of information.

    Vegetarian food cooked at home would cost no more than 300€ in a month
    Accommodation costs will depend on the area and the amenities. They vary from 300€ to 600€. In the coastal region, it is always more expensive.
    Educational expenses around 250€ per month.
    Medical expenses around 100€ per month.
    Car on monthly rental vary from 600€ to 1000€ or even more!
    Maid depends on the area, and could cost from 100€ to 150€

Hope these details would be useful guide for you.

Vayid – [email protected]